• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi without Internet --> blocking cellular data usage!?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Galaxy Note 3
  • Start date Start date
G

Galaxy Note 3

I have Samsung Galaxy Note3 and have issue with no Internet connection through 4G/3G when my phone is also connected to Wifi Airplay module in my car, which doesn't have Internet connection.
For example: I have connect the phone to my car's wifi airplay network and it is successfully streaming music to car's stereo, but I want to use TuneIn Internet radios but they are not working because it cannot connect to the internet.. when I close Wifi the cellular data is working again..

I have turned on the "intelligent switching between wifi and cellular data" from the wifi settings but that doesn't help at all on this issue.

So it seems when Wifi doesn't have Internet connection by itself, phone cannot use cellular data either and that sucks!!! Hopefully someone knows how to fix this??

Sorry, this is not possible. When Wifi is activated, all data is pulled down via the Wifi. It is a mutually exclusive/flip-flop mechanism. That is to say, if Wifi is off, 3G/4G is used.

Back
Top Bottom