• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will all phone chargers work as well?

Poweranimals

Android Enthusiast
I have a Galaxy S4 and the cord on my charger is worn and won't work anymore. I'm going to buy a new one but I was wondering if I should go to Sprint and get the same charger or if I can buy a cheap one at Walmart or something and have it work just as well. I ask this because I've noticed that I was using someone else's charger before and my phone seemed to charge a lot slower; where as the one that came with my device charges at a really impressive rate. But I'd rather not waste time and money if I don't have to.

Its best to keep the OEM charger since that charger came with the phone. I know there is a difference in charges coming from each charger but i have found they all work. Some chargers will slow charge the phone while others may speed charge. It varies. To get the best charge would be get the same brand of charger that the phone came with. Samsung phone-samsung charger.

Sorry didnt read it all but the walmart chargers would work. Like I stated above in theory all would work just the charge may be slower on some chargers than others, and vice versa.

Just try to match the output specs of the original charger. ie: 5v / 1.0 amp, etc. The specs will be on the charging unit.

Walmart or Target or Best Buy chargers should work :) AT&T, Sprint, Verizon charge too much for the same stuff. I would stay away from cheap ebay stuff because they often exaggerate trying to sell you 600mA charger with 1A or 2A label, etc.

My advice, get 5V/2A charger. Since my old Note 2 charges at 2A speed, S4 should be as fast. Beside, your device will never sync more current than it needs, so if your phone max charging speed 1A, it will not draw more than 1A from 2A charger.

Back
Top Bottom