• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will Evo 4G battery fit any other HTC phone?

jeffdlb

Android Enthusiast
Nov 10, 2009
Maryland, USA
Do any of the more recent Sprint HTC Evo phones (Shift, 3D, Design) use the same battery as the Evo 4G? I have extra batteries and an external charger for my Evo 4G, and would like to keep using those accessories when I replace my phone.

-Jeff

P.S. Why isn't there a forum for the Evo Design?

Do any of the more recent Sprint HTC Evo phones (Shift, 3D, Design) use the same battery as the Evo 4G? I have extra batteries and an external charger for my Evo 4G, and would like to keep using those accessories when I replace my phone.

-Jeff

P.S. Why isn't there a forum for the Evo Design?

I know for a fact that it fits in the Sprint HTC Hero and the Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G. It is, however, different from the one that goes in the Sprint HTC EVO 3D. By the way, you asked this a year ago too: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-shift-4g/253289-does-shift-use-same-battery-evo.html . ;)

You are right about the Sprint HTC EVO Design 4G not having its own subforum. That is strange. :eek:

Upvote 0
I know for a fact that it fits in the Sprint HTC Hero and the Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G. It is, however, different from the one that goes in the Sprint HTC EVO 3D. By the way, you asked this a year ago too: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-shift-4g/253289-does-shift-use-same-battery-evo.html . ;)

Thanks! I had completely forgotten about that post. It has been almost a year since I visited spent time on this forum (everything was going so well with my Evo!) Now I have cracked the screen and need to research replacements.

You are right about the Sprint HTC EVO Design 4G not having its own subforum.

The Evo Design is of greatest interest to me at the moment because of the GSM support for travel in Europe. Less interested in the Shift because the keyboard is not good enough for me to merit the extra bulk and moving part, so it's either 3D or Design.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I had completely forgotten about that post. It has been almost a year since I visited spent time on this forum (everything was going so well with my Evo!) Now I have cracked the screen and need to research replacements.

The Evo Design is of greatest interest to me at the moment because of the GSM support for travel in Europe. Less interested in the Shift because the keyboard is not good enough for me to merit the extra bulk and moving part, so it's either 3D or Design.

If it were my money, I would go with the Sprint HTC EVO 3D. You get 1 GB of RAM and a highly overclockable dual core CPU, as well as a big development community.

I am sure by this point there are plenty of online deals to be had for the Sprint HTC EVO 3D. You could get one for a little more or the same cost as the Sprint HTC EVO Design 4G.

Upvote 0
I know that there is a stock sized battery that fits these phones:
Sprint HTC EVO 3D / HTC Evo Shift 4G / HTC EVO 3D X515M/ HTC Sensation/ HTC Sensation XE / T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G

Here it is
[HLI-APX515CSL]

I guess if this one fits to so many phones, it's safe to assume that OEM also will

Yes. The batteries are compatible with regards to contact location and size.

However, just remember that newer handsets have batteries that contain a larger capacity than the stock battery in the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. For example, the Sprint HTC EVO 3D battery is 1730 MAh versus 1500 MAh in the Sprint HTC EVO 4G. So, if jeffdlb decides to use his old Sprint HTC EVO 4G battery in his shiny new handset, there will be an appreciably lower battery life as a result. Just a heads up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones