• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will tmobile charge me for a new sim card?

DirtyDee

Android Expert
So I picked up a device that seems it needs a nano sim, cutting it isn't smart to do for a man of my limited ablilties, so will tmobile charge me for a new sim or is it as simple as going to a tmoblie store and saying need nano sim noa plz give? (Hands them cash)

It may depend on being prepaid vs postpaid. If prepaid, you'll need to buy the card. If postpaid, it's likely a tossup and will depend on the rep you get.

It may also be that the T-Mobile store will want to charge you for a new SIM but will cut the SIM for you at no charge.

When my wife got her Moto X and needed a different SIM size, we walked into the local T-Mobile store (Authorized Retailer rather than corporate, in case that matters) and walked out with her phone activated on a new SIM five minutes later without being charged.

It may vary from store to store, but my experience has been that they will swap out SIMs for free.

When my wife got her Moto X and needed a different SIM size, we walked into the local T-Mobile store (Authorized Retailer rather than corporate, in case that matters) and walked out with her phone activated on a new SIM five minutes later without being charged.

It may vary from store to store, but my experience has been that they will swap out SIMs for free.

My fianncee moto x came with a T-Mobile sim. But thanks

I use TMobile and i switched from ATT, they gave me a sim card, a while later when i got a new phone, they also gave me the correct size sim card. All for free.

Back
Top Bottom