• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will We EVER See Updates?

Actually, Verizon released the Razr in November of 2011 and the Razr Maxx in January 2012 in the US, so we're still a little inside of that two year window. And if memory serves me right, the OG Droid got an update well past the 2-year time frame. IMHO, Motorola has been one of the best manufacturers (outside of the Nexus line of course) at rolling out OS updates. Maybe 4.3 or 5.0? JB 4.1 rollout was in March 2013, so I wouldn't rule another upgrade out.

Upvote 0
Back in the first week of July I got an email from the Motorola Feedback Network (I'm a member) asking if I wanted to test some new release. I was out of town. I tried filling out the form in the browser on my DRM but it was such a pain I gave up. I have not heard anything since about a new release although obviously something was cooking 6 weeks ago. I wonder if anyone has any more info on this.

Upvote 0
Hashcode, the developer of SafeStrap (a very cool tool for safely providing a way to use alternate ROMs without sacrificing your OEM ROM on your Droid RAZR and similar phones) has warned that there's a new update due to be released soon. Unfortunately, it appears to disable SafeStrap and, if installed would effectively prevent SS users from using the currently available 4.2.2 and 4.3 ROMs. From his Twitter feed.

Reactions: Grey1001
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones