• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wma audio problem

drbeanz

Lurker
Dec 29, 2012
I have a Samsung player 4.2, model YP-GI1, gingerbread 2.3.6. And it wont play any Windows Media Audio file (wma) that I throw at it! ive tried putting the files on an SD card, the internal storage, and have tried to use multiple music apps to play the files! However the same message always comes up "sorry the player does not support this type of audio file". MP3's work just fine, but most of my music has been in wma...help!

Thanks!

Hey I got it all figured out. It turns out I had my USB setting to "Mass Storage" instead of "Media Player" once I did that, windows media player recognized my SGP and convert my wma's for me. I think the main problem was that I had used Zune software to rip my CD's to really high quality wma's that are just not compatible with my SGP. Its funny though, the files are in wma, but a single song is 67MB, then when windows media player converts them, the file is still wma but the size drops to like 11MB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones