• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Words of Advice

mobrienjr

Android Enthusiast
Mar 14, 2010
Buy a case for your phone. I have dropped my phone twice, and both times the screen has cracked. Just a hairline crack, but it makes the touch screen not work. I have had to have it replaced both times, and now I am out of replacements on my line.

So, buy a case. I prefer my phone nekkid, but I am buying a case once my phone shows up.

Buy a case for your phone. I have dropped my phone twice, and both times the screen has cracked. Just a hairline crack, but it makes the touch screen not work. I have had to have it replaced both times, and now I am out of replacements on my line.

So, buy a case. I prefer my phone nekkid, but I am buying a case once my phone shows up.

unlucky man

I've been running mine buck naked [i do use a screen protector] and have dropped it many times and yet shes still kicking. Two corners on my phone have decent gashes on them from direct pavement impacts but no damage to my screen yet. I'd say my phone has survived 3 pretty major falls and probably 20 or more minor ones.

I've grown to hate cases and this phone feels nice in the hand and a case just ruins that.

Reactions: steamer86
Upvote 0
The phone does feel great without any sort of protector TRUE, but it is a slippery monster. The TUDIA UltraSlim case I use adds little to no appreciable bulk IMHO, and there is another benefit... it adds some static friction inside a pocket so that with loose fitting clothing like a trouser front pocket, it's less likely to slip out and onto the ground (or if one is lucky, onto a sofa or chair).

I would not be putting this phone in a pocket of tight fitting clothing. Because of its size, bending or squatting, perhaps even walking, one would be mechanically torquing the device and this would cycle fatigue the front screen and digitizer.

Upvote 0
i think it has to do with the angle and location of the hit when falling, i have had a few drops and 1 major drop. Worst was when i left it between my legs in the car, got out of my ford explorer it bounced off my running board and landed face first on pavement. I was sure it was broken, but not even a scratch. I do have the feather case on it so i can vouch for it. Hopefully your next wont be so fragile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones