• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Working ART Runtime!

What is ART Runtime? Is that anything like jit? What is the benefit? Can you share how you did it? Thanks. I'm having a blast with this phone!

What is ART Runtime? Is that anything like jit? What is the benefit? Can you share how you did it? Thanks. I'm having a blast with this phone!
The just in time (JIT) Java compiler was introduced as a Dalvik Virtual Machine upgrade in Gingerbread.

In Lollipop, the Dalvik VM was replaced with ART - the Android runtime.

With ART, all apps are fully compiled at installation time and placed into protected storage.

ART therefore uses more of your storage and in exchange apps launch faster and those that may have stuttered during JIT compiling, stop doing that.

Some phones included a beta version of ART in KitKat, accessible via the normally hidden developer options. Reports of the stability of the beta KitKat versions of ART vary quite a bit.

From Lollipop forward, there's no option, it's ART.

Through a little trial and error, i believe i have gotten this to work! If anybody is interested, let me know. Thanks!
How is the ART working for you? I may be able to test if needed. Tribute is my main currently, but as long as I have a nandroid should be fine.

What i did was i took a couple of the lib files from cm12 rom, and put them in the current rom. From what i seen, it worked. I think i was missing something though, because it didn't do the app optimization thing. If anyone has any advice to offer, it would be appreciated!

@hydroman202 Can you provide a link to the CWM mod for the Tribute? I know one is, or was in development, on XDA but I can no longer find links for it. Appreciate any assistance in pointing me in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom