• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Working on a Time Announcement App

Mark J

Lurker
Hi all!

I have a background in basic programming but still seeking help! I've downloaded & installed Android Studio, and have connected my current project to Git so I can work from my PC or Laptop. I have the general UI I have in mind laid out. This is suppose to be very basic.

Basically, I used Tasker to setup time announcements, but I wanted to code this into a designed UI tailored to how I visualized sharing this with others! All sound announcements are files of about 30-80kb in size of mp3 files. I could be optimizing this poorly to start, but I want to make headway then optimize later so I can share results sooner!

My UI consists of 2 toggle switches for 30min and 1hr intervals, a tap imageButton for preview of announcements that plays a preview mp3, and start/end time ranges where time announcements are chosen by the user.

As of right now, does my UI sound too weird and over complicated? Un-optimized? Am I on the right track or should I reconsider the code & design layout?

I appreciate any feedback! I will gladly share any code that is helpful, but I'd prefer to not share screenshots - for now!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom