• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Worth buying a rooted S5 or will I have problems...later ?

androidtvfan

I see a seller on ebay selling S5's unlocked and rooted. I just wonder what the risks are if any these days with a rooted version and apart from being able to save 3rd party apps to the SD card (big wow, not !) what benefits are there ?

Never had a rooted phone myself but what kind of feedback does the seller have? I have had good luck buying used phones on ebay but only from one person that is selling because they upgraded not sellers that deal in mass cell phones sales as they usually have horrible feedback. Mary

Don't buy a pre-rooted phone. It may have issues and if you want root, it isn't that hard to do on your own. Root allows you to access permissions to do things that you wouldn't normally be able to do, such as better file management. It does void your warranty and can sometimes prevent the software from updating if the seller installed a custom recovery.

Don't buy a pre-rooted phone. It may have issues and if you want root, it isn't that hard to do on your own. Root allows you to access permissions to do things that you wouldn't normally be able to do, such as better file management. It does void your warranty and can sometimes prevent the software from updating if the seller installed a custom recovery.

Yes agree with what you say, I'll just buy an unlocked one thanks for response

Back
Top Bottom