• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wtf Boost, I lose my shrinkage?

mtstew

I'm grandfathered into the $40 shrinkage package with my Transform Ultra. I decided it was time for an upgrade, since I didn't see any new QWERTY handhelds on the horizon except for the Droid 5 which is MIA. So I got a great deal on the LG Mach for Boost Mobile, $38 shipped! I go to activate it on their website, this is what I get.

http://androidforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72939&stc=1&d=1404646485

I'm just trying to wrap my head around why I lose my $40 grandfathered shrinkage.

Edit: Nevermind, there were two options, one for $40 w/ 2.5GB, and then the other newer $40 w/ 500mb, so yay I get to keep my 2.5GB that I don't even use. Happy boost customer!!

Attachments

• lolwat.jpg
    lolwat.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 345
Edit: Nevermind, there were two options, one for $40 w/ 2.5GB, and then the other newer $40 w/ 500mb, so yay I get to keep my 2.5GB that I don't even use. Happy boost customer!!

Good to see they're letting people keep their old plans. When Boost released their new plans people were worried about loosing their shrinkage rates.

My GS2 is going downhill and I will need a new phone soon.

This is good news as I was leaning toward another carrier.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 on Boost with 2.5 Gb of 4G LTE and unlimited Talk Text & 3G for $40 I am thrilled my 4G gets around 20 Mbps all the time where I live

If I ever lost 2.5 gigs for 500mb I would be in serious trouble. The 2.5 is barely enough for me lol. I normally get throttled just days before my renewal. Sometimes it will be weeks.

If they shrink it any more I'm gonna have no choice but to walk away from Boost Mobile :-(

If I ever lost 2.5 gigs for 500mb I would be in serious trouble. The 2.5 is barely enough for me lol. I normally get throttled just days before my renewal. Sometimes it will be weeks.

If they shrink it any more I'm gonna have no choice but to walk away from Boost Mobile :-(

:ditto: this. I tend to get throttled 7-10 days before the end of my renewal

I love the plan im on. Waiting until my plan is $40 a month. I just wish that they would expand their reach in the us.

So wait....

Boost did away with the shrinkage now?
I had boost for a while when I lived up north, but the coverage where I am now is a bit spotty. It still could've served as a viable option to fall back on, but with no shrinkage, it's almost a certainty I won't go with them again.

Back
Top Bottom