• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Funny reading this thread in the Captivate Forum
http://androidforums.com/samsung-captivate/214032-captivate-vs-xperia-x10.html

What do u guys think? What's with all the talk about lag. Are they referencing when 2.1 needs time to finish setting up or 1.6/2.1 the phone will lag regardless?
whats with all the talk about lag? just read thru the forum...there have been numberous threads and all over the net...about the lagginess of the x10..it is one factor mentioned in almost every review.....i had a x10 in august and it would have that silly timescapp..rolling like a box of bricks...so clunky...i would hit a button to move to another screen and it would lag....it drove me frigging nuts.
whats with the lag? if you dont have it...good on ya...i did..big time. i moved on to a captivate and aint looking back.
I am so glad i have will have 2.2 when some will have just finally gotten 2.1
i am so glad i jumped ship.

Upvote 0
I would say that X10's seem to come with different set ups by Sony and carriers, and that in my experience makes comparing the phones within the brand tricky. I have a very responsive unit, still running quite happily on 1.6 and it doesn't have any lag problems but I do recognise that there are units with this problem.

Certainly there have been a few more complaints from the Indian subcontinent and the whole of north America/Canada than there seem to have been in Europe. When you look at the number of 'kits' that SE is pushing the upgrade out on, presumably most of these have a different set up and I think this is what gives the varied user experience.

That said I have heard poor reviews on the Captivate, in that the GPS didn't work and that altho very zippy out of the box it eventually started to show lag. So it is my opinion that the only person you should listen to is yourself, get the phone you fancy - play with it for as long as your carrier will alllow to try it out and if you don't like it return it for something different.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones