• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 won't boot after Failed Update!

Eddie_Brock

Please Help
While attempting to update to 2.1 through SEUS, the installation failed, telling me that my battery was too low. The phone is now stuck in a loop, the SE logo flashes for a brief moment, then I am met by a screen with a phone and an Exclamation Point in a triangle for awhile, then the phone restarts and does it again.

I have obviously tried removing the battery and doing it again. SEUS has the same result every time I attempt this. I have also installed PC Companion, and one of two things happen 1) PC Companion completely hangs my Win7 (32bit) machine, or 2) Prepares to repair the phone, and then "Unable to install or start phone software update components." And directs me to the support page. This error occurs if the phone is connected or not.

I've left the phone to charge overnight. Tried the X10FUB (Unbricker), it was unable to flash/find the phone. Also tried the Rogers Flash file found on XDA on two seperate computers, and it searches for the phone, but cannot find it.

Please give me some suggestions, as the phone won't even boot properly at this point. Thanks for all your help!

I phoned SE yesterday, and their only helpful response was to try another computer. So I did... PC Companion errors out in the same spot as on my pc, clearly there's something wrong with this software. I will try SEUS later today, but I'm not feeling terribly confident at this point.

Can anyone give me a hand?

I uopdated My Phone Using SEUS .. and I also did it twice because i was having issues with teh first update .. donet Use PC companion at all .. just charge ur phone for a while and then open up SEUS ... keep your phone off and disconnected from teh computer... after SEUS opens up .. Ul have Onscreen Instructions .. but Make sure u follow them... it should flash ur phone and update it ... if u still unable to do so .. Let me know .. Il look for other options ..

I have followed the instructions to the letter. I've left the phone to charge overnight, and then tried again in SEUS the next day. It still fails citing low battery issues.

Also tried on another computer, just for giggles.

Have you spoken to Rogers (assuming they are your carrier as you mentioned them earlier) to see what they say. Sounds like it may need to go in for a repair under warranty. After all it was the upgrade that Fubar'd it.

Have you spoken to Rogers (assuming they are your carrier as you mentioned them earlier) to see what they say. Sounds like it may need to go in for a repair under warranty. After all it was the upgrade that Fubar'd it.

Correct on both accounts... I've spoken to them this morning and they didn't really ask too many questions, just agreed to send me another (I just need to get back to them with the IMIE first).

I've tried PCCompanion and SEUS on two seperate computers, with identical results. From safe mode, 'run as administrator', with identical results. Clearly an issue with the phone itself, not a software/flashing issue.

Fubar'd is right. Unfortunately it looks like I'm using my KRZR until I get another x10. (Hopefully they send it with 2.1 preinstalled)

Well another user here, Uchi, is with Rogers and is on his fourth handset. They seem to have been pretty good at replacing them for him - not saying that he didn't have to have a rant or two in the process! Hope you get sorted. Come back and let us know. (And thank goodness for old phones... I knew there was a reason I always hang on to them!)

Just to update this, my provider sent another phone to me. I fully charged the battery and flashed it to 2.1 no problems.

I have to say that I am absolutely loving 2.1. This is like having a new phone again. So many little things that were nuisances are now dealt with. Beautiful live wall papers, lots of new features, and the battery life hasn't suffered at all, if not better than before.

I tried every fix everyone posted on this forum. Nothing worked. Went to Sprint and they tried everything they know. They finally just gave me a new phone, which was great of them.

Basically the manager there said it's sprints fault that they are putting out these updates and they don't work.

Advise everyone you know to NOT do this update at this time.

Back
Top Bottom