• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Greetings to all!
Thank you in advance for your input. I have had a large phone, "Phablet" for about 8 years now. First was the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, which I liked a lot, after a few years, (about 4 years ago) I purchased a Motorola Nexus 6, which I loved. I am not rich, by any means, and both of those phones were purchased new, from Amazon, about a year after the initial release. They were both under $300, each approximately $280. I feel in both cases, when the phones were purchased, they were great deals.

I am at the point where I want/need a new phone. I have been researching everywhere, and keep coming back to this specific phone, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. It seems like it has at least the same features as my previous phones, with the obvious modernization of a new phone. The only feature it doesn't have, (or seem to have over the Nexus 6) is wireless charging.

Considering I live in the USA, and this is a global version, (all reviews seem to point to it working well) should I purchase this phone? Its around $220. A bit below my price point of approximately $280.

If you recommend it, please let me know, if not could you recommend other options in the price range I have mentioned.

Thanks a lot. FM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones