• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XL Repairs

czechplastik

Android Enthusiast
So I dropped my phone today. Couple of minor scratches on the metal but no big deal.

The glass panel on the back has smashed though. Anyone know what the deal is with getting it repaired?

I didn't buy from Google. Help.

Attachments

• 20161022_000638.jpg
    20161022_000638.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 132
Where did you buy it, and who manufacturers the XL, and presumably that's who handles service and repairs. Probably won't be cheap though.

BTW I've never seen the point of glass backed phones, and the brief time I had a Samsung Note7, I kept it in a case.

Technically, HTC manufactures it, but this is one that Google says "Made by Google". Google would be the place to contact for repairs.
To add to what mikedt asked - besides where you bought it, did you pay for it using a credit card? If so, check to see if your credit card offers accidental damage warranty (most of my cards offer 6 months of accidental damage)

Thanks, it's on a contract through the Carphone Warehouse.

I can have it fixed through them at my own expense which is fine but it can take up to 14 days, Google may be a better bet. The cost isn't an issue it's the time without a phone. Frustratingly their Pixel support service doesn't seem to be available at the moment. I wasn't able to chat to or call them today.

All it really needs is the glass replaced on the rear panel. I have noted the front screen is coming away from the chassis on the top right but not sure if this is as a result of the drop or just a flaw I hadn't noticed before.

Oh, that is unfortunate, czechplastik. I do hope you're able to get your phone fixed in a reasonable amount of time. Good luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom