• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XM S10 MMS wo data

Kamee21

Lurker
Hello all! First time poster. Really no idea where to put this but I have a 2 part question. Some background: I have Xfinity mobile with Galaxy S10 factory unlocked from Samsung directly. Neither Samsung nor XM could help me and because XM doesn't offer byod for android yet, they really don't care. I digress, I cannot send/receive group texts or MMS unless my data is turned on. This happened to me when I first got XM on their S8 and they were able to fix it quite quickly. But that was over 2 years ago and I have no memory of what the fix was. 2nd part: while still using the S8, I recently paid for in air wifi on United airlines and even with airplane mode off/wifi on, I WAS ABLE to send/receive both MMS AND SMS. I was just wondering how that's possible! TIA!!!

Just contact them and tell them what going on or ask to speak to a manager
And if that don't work just tell them that your are going to call corporate on them

This happened to me when I first got XM on their S8 and they were able to fix it quite quickly. But that was over 2 years ago and I have no memory of what the fix was.
But they should! Did you send it in? Take it to a local store? I'd try contacting them and asking them to look up your repair records from ≈2 years ago. They should be able to see what the problem was and how it was fixed.

But they should! Did you send it in? Take it to a local store? I'd try contacting them and asking them to look up your repair records from ≈2 years ago. They should be able to see what the problem was and how it was fixed.

I wouldn't take my Core Prime to a local store for a battery replacement lol. They're beyond clueless. As for looking back in their records, tried that. They claim to have a new system. It's already escalated to their tier 2 with the same results. I will keep pestering them but because it's clearly posted that they don't accept Android byod, I don't have too much of a leg to stand on

I wouldn't take my Core Prime to a local store for a battery replacement lol. They're beyond clueless. As for looking back in their records, tried that. They claim to have a new system. It's already escalated to their tier 2 with the same results. I will keep pestering them but because it's clearly posted that they don't accept Android byod, I don't have too much of a leg to stand on

Your carrier doesn't allow Android phones? WTF!! What are they expecting you to use...iPhones and dumb-phones?

Quite frankly I've never heard of such a thing. Are you in the US or something?

Maybe change your carrier to one who's more accommodating and has better support?

I've always found that wireless data does need to be enabled for MMS to work, because that's what it uses. Unless you have WiFi messaging and calling?

Last edited:
Your carrier doesn't allow Android phones? WTF!! What are they expecting you to use...iPhones and dumb-phones?

Quite frankly I've never heard of such a thing. Are you in the US or something?

Maybe change your carrier to one who's more accommodating and has better support?

I've always found that wireless data does need to be enabled for MMS to work, because that's what it uses. Unless you have WiFi messaging and calling?
Lol, yup, in the US. The thing is, I don't pay a line fee, or anything for that matter. Since we have Xfinity internet, XM is free except for data. It's $12/gig and in over 2 years, I've paid $48 total for data. They use android but you have to buy it from them.
"If I’m already an Xfinity Mobile customer, can I bring my own device to my existing line?
Xfinity Mobile customers can bring compatible devices to new lines of service. However, at this time, we don’t support adding your own device to an existing line.
If you’d like to purchase a new device for your existing line, you can visit our Shop page, go to an Xfinity store, or call us at"
So that is from their website and I didn't even know that! I was just looking for this one,
"Can I bring my Android?
We’re still working behind the scenes to enable customers to bring their own Android devices to Xfinity Mobile. At this time, it's not possible."
I use the stock messages and never had to use data before...
"Do my text messages count as data?
Text away! Your text messages — including SMS and MMS — are covered in the unlimited nationwide texting that's included with all Xfinity Mobile lines. They do not count toward your data usage.
If you're an iPhone user, your iMessages do count as data."

Back
Top Bottom