• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Mini Pro's antenna gate effect

Kiavik

Lurker
I've noticed that this phone has a very bad reception and an antenna gate effect like the one of the iPhone 4: leaving it on the table it gives me 3-4 bars, if I hold it in my hands the bars drop to zero and some times it even tells me that there is no signal.

I've also compared it to an old Nokia N82: I have 2 sims with the same operator, one in the N82 and one in the Mini Pro, when I'm in my office the N82 shows full strenght signal while the Mini Pro shows 1-2 bars which drop to zero when I hold it in my hand.
Has anyone experienced this?

same here.. I think SE phones have a low reception generally.
Some time back i had a t630. That also had low reception compared to Nokia phones of the time.

same here.. I think SE phones have a low reception generally.
Some time back i had a t630. That also had low reception compared to Nokia phones of the time.

s**t !! i have a problem like this too !!!
i have a veeeeery bad internet connection with that !
i want an app for monitoring my nearest antenna towers and chose the best one.
my home is in a place that my antenna always change between 2 towers ( im using 2G GSM ) and it become a very big problem when i using internet ! ( EDGE ) cause it completely destroy my connection !! when im connecting to internet and my tower contact changes to another tower my internet become completly down !! i hadnt this problem this much! with my previous phone nokia 5320! it could handle that very well but my new xperia mini pro cant do anthing about it !!!
can someone tell me what to do plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz???? im so disappointed with my new phone :(

Back
Top Bottom