• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xposed Framework

zixxorb

Android Enthusiast
Has anyone got the framework to work 100% with the Event? I tried not too long ago and it wouldn't install and I used the work around to get it to install and it finally installed but just led to a bootloop so I had to boot into safe mode and uninstall the framework.

I noticed that the framework was updated to 2.5.1 since I tried and I was wondering if anyone had gotten it to work yet?

I was going to use the framework to modify some icons in the status bar mainly and perhaps a few more tweaks.

Has anyone got the framework to work 100% with the Event? I tried not too long ago and it wouldn't install and I used the work around to get it to install and it finally installed but just led to a bootloop so I had to boot into safe mode and uninstall the framework.

I noticed that the framework was updated to 2.5.1 since I tried and I was wondering if anyone had gotten it to work yet?

I was going to use the framework to modify some icons in the status bar mainly and perhaps a few more tweaks.

You will have to talk with the developer to get him to port the app_process file to work with the event.

And do you know another way (preferably free) to change the status bar icons? Ie battert and wifi

I got Xposed to work. I gave this phone to my 6yr old since CWM seems to be a no-go for now so if it bricks it bricks & Figured I try Xposed after reading the efforts made in the CWM for the Event thread. I had to unroot & reroot using this method: Rooting Kyocera Rise
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2307306 I then followed Xposed installation from here Xposed Framework: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401 (I did have to install the XposedInstallerStaticBusyBox_v1.apk as directed through Xposed's installer). I then downloaded a bunch of xposed modules from within xposed that I know & use on my LG Elite (even some only for jelly been 4.2+), applied as much tweakege as possible lol, I ran a few reboots to be sure it would boot & have had no issue's in a day.. some lag but expected it. *Note that its been awhile that I've messed with this phone & have used apps like Lucky patcher in the past & have a modded play store still so there could be other reasons why its working fully on my Event though could softbrick others. hope it helps

I got Xposed to work. I gave this phone to my 6yr old since CWM seems to be a no-go for now so if it bricks it bricks & Figured I try Xposed after reading the efforts made in the CWM for the Event thread. I had to unroot & reroot using this method: Rooting Kyocera Rise
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2307306 I then followed Xposed installation from here Xposed Framework: http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/framework-xposed-rom-modding-modifying-t1574401 (I did have to install the XposedInstallerStaticBusyBox_v1.apk as directed through Xposed's installer). I then downloaded a bunch of xposed modules from within xposed that I know & use on my LG Elite (even some only for jelly been 4.2+), applied as much tweakege as possible lol, I ran a few reboots to be sure it would boot & have had no issue's in a day.. some lag but expected it. *Note that its been awhile that I've messed with this phone & have used apps like Lucky patcher in the past & have a modded play store still so there could be other reasons why its working fully on my Event though could softbrick others. hope it helps

That's awesome

XuiMod 2.3.1 module works great which has allot of UI tweaks. Like battery bar, color & my favorite, scrolling animations. Rainbow bars v1.0 module does not seem to work & XBattery Themer v1.2 seems to loop the UI Restart & a reeboot was needed to get the status bar to refresh. The Xposed installer I used is labeled ver.2.6 in app info but the apk is de.robv.android.xposed.insaller_v31_9b5661.apk (the latest). 698.58 KB so far so good.

XuiMod 2.3.1 module works great which has allot of UI tweaks. Like battery bar, color & my favorite, scrolling animations. Rainbow bars v1.0 module does not seem to work & XBattery Themer v1.2 seems to loop the UI Restart & a reeboot was needed to get the status bar to refresh. The Xposed installer I used is labeled ver.2.6 in app info but the apk is de.robv.android.xposed.insaller_v31_9b5661.apk (the latest). 698.58 KB so far so good.

That would be awesome if my event wasn't bricked.

*Note that its been awhile that I've messed with this phone & have used apps like Lucky patcher in the past & have a modded play store still so there could be other reasons why its working fully on my Event though could softbrick others. hope it helps
Damb, I think the method I used to reroot was what got Xposed working for me.

Back
Top Bottom