• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Weather uses lots of data

dlin95123

Has anyone noticed Yahoo Weather app used lots of data? I have turned off all the updates on Yahoo Weather and yet still noticed that it uses lots of data. I understand apps would use data for their own purposes. But Yahoo Weather seems to use 20X times more data when it is set NOT to update.

I'd advice to to use something else, like Weatherbug or Accuweather. This is actually the first time I learned Yahoo! Has a weather app.

Yahoo weather is a fail anyway....it doesn't do Xilinhot, Inner Mongolia....I knew it was a bit ominous when it asked for my City, State, and Zip Code. :rolleyes: ...we don't have states here, we have provinces...and we call those six figure numbers postcodes.

Another vote here for AccuWeather.

I rather like yahoo weather,i like the look of it,also seems too come pre-installed with a lot of LG phones..

Yahoo is reorganizing. They started with mail, and apparently the new TOS reserves the right to scan everything for marketing purposes. If you don't like whatever Yahoo is doing, check the permissions on the phone and disable it. There are plenty of decent weather apps around.

Back
Top Bottom