• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yongzh emulators gone from market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
now im a little worried n64oid was supposed to be posted back up on the market today but it isnt their im just wondering if he is going to ever release it, first he said by the end of april, then he said by the end of may (also said that most likely by the 26th or really close after) i hope he gives a status update soon

Upvote 0
Does yongzh have a website/email address that he checks?

I would suggest he move all his apps to the Amazon app store for now until a better solution can be figured out.

dito but will we have to pay for it again?

never the less probablys some of these android market alternatives would also be nice like YAAM or something similar is it is out their

Upvote 0
I have new news. He is considering hosting his apps on SlideMe other 3rd-party-appstores. Also he will make them free for a limited time (for example a week) to avoid existing customers from having to pay again.

but isnt the slideME market really unupdated? or is that the developers choice not to update the app on the SlideME market (im not very good when it comes to third party markets either)?

Upvote 0
^This.

Like it or not, copyright infringement is illegal - and DMCA is being taken seriously. They're even considering upping the ante to federal felonies. Serious stuff.

I've no idea, but think you'll likely find that the game emulator may be legal (if not violating reverse-engineering terms) it facilitates use of illegal roms in general. That - or thinking to that effect - is going to be at the heart of this issue.

There's already a link to more info above on this.

As for our site - AndroidForums.com will have no part in illegal activities, and the site rules you agreed to when you signed up specifically prohibit linking warez - and if you aren't the Market and your name isn't Google, Amazon, or the dev, then links you create here are exactly that - warez.

Please don't try to think you can be more clever than Google's lawyers on this at our site - repeated attempts will lead to permanent bans.

Reactions: crisiscorex
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones