• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your favorite launcher?

deathneed

Just picked up the new nexus 7 and im looking for a new launcher since stock doesnt quiet seem to cut it for me.

normally I'd use Go launcher Ex but theyre been pushing air notifications so im dumping them.

So whats your favorite launcher (and maybe tell me what feature you like about it?)

I run Nova on mine. I like that I can customize it just about any way I want. I like a clean screen and keep apps grouped by type in the dock, and the stock launcher doesn't have enough spaces for me.

to me, I never really understood using a launcher on stock Android. The reason I use it on my galaxy s3 is because I want a stock android lock. That's why I use Nova

On my phone I use TSF Shell but on the Nexus 7 I use Nova Prime. One of the biggest reasons I put it on the tablet is I cannot stand not being able to scroll the dock. I like to put my most used icons in the dock and then just scroll it over to what I need.

Of course it also give you lots of eye candy like new screen transitions, infinite looping, etc.

Chris...

to me, I never really understood using a launcher on stock Android. The reason I use it on my galaxy s3 is because I want a stock android lock. That's why I use Nova

Icon - theming (or switching individual ones)
Dock - more or less icons in the dock
Home screens - add or remove (less than 5 in my case)
App draw - hide apps that I don't use

That's more or less it for me to be honest.

My new favorites, Smart Launcher Pro and one of the main icons on the front page AppLauncher+.

Have almost most of them. Really liking the Smart Launcher nowadays.

I use Nova Prime on everything.

The original reason I went with Nova is because I can't stand the crappy Google search bar. I'll never use it and couldn't get rid of it. Nova to the rescue! It can be as stock as you wish but has a lot of tweakability.

I am going to try a few of the others listed in this thread. You never know what's great until you try it!

Nova Prime beyond a doubt is the best, and I've tried just about everything. Except Facebook home, what were they thinking?

Back
Top Bottom