• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"your sim card doesn't allow a connection to this network"

Raya9

Lurker
Hi I just got the Moto G LTE and I am unable to connect to the mobile network.

when i try to connect using LTE I get this message: "4G/LTE is not available when Wi-Fi is on". but when i turn off wi-fi nothing happens even when i try 3G or 2G

when i try to choose a network operator (whether I choose Rogers or select choose automatically) it tells me: "your sim card doesn't allow a connection to this network"

I am with Rogers
Android version 4.4.4

how can i fix this please?

Hi there and welcome to the forums! Have you confirmed that the moto g supports the same bands that your network runs on? you can find the moto g bands here towards the bottom. Not sure where to find Rogers bands.

My other question is, do you have LTE enabled SIM card?

Hi there and welcome to the forums! Have you confirmed that the moto g supports the same bands that your network runs on? you can find the moto g bands here towards the bottom. Not sure where to find Rogers bands.

My other question is, do you have LTE enabled SIM card?
Hi! thanks :) My phone and sim card were shipped directly from rogers. the sim card packaging says it is lte micro.

Can you get in touch with Rogers about the issue? It sounds like either you don't have LTE in the area you use the phone or there is an issue with your SIM card or how your account is provisioned.

hi I tried to connect with the LTE at my work as well and could only connect to my work wifi. i am hoping to have time tomorrow to speak to Rogers.
Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom