• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Youtube app "an error occurred"

Stannis the Mannis

Rapscallion
Feb 16, 2013
Australia
Hey guys does anyone else get this message since the last update? I've tried clearing data and cache but it still won't work properly.

2upe6aba.jpg

Reactions: ikensilviamapeka
I just started getting this generic error "(!) An error occurred - Retry" on my Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4 and youtube 5.9.0.13 - No error number or name of the "suspect" component that might be causing the issue. My connection to the internet is working fine and I can go to m.youtube using Chrome and watch videos from the N7 using the same account. I have cleared cache, cleared data, uninstalled and re-installed the same version of the youtube app, uninstalled and installed an earlier versions, rebooted several times, cleared Dalvik and Cache via recovery and waited for more than 24 hours in case the issue was server side. The same version of youtube works fine on my S3 running Android 4.3 using the same account. Anything else I can try to resolve this issues?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
This error is more a mystery than anything else. I'm guessing that the youtube app connection is timing out for some unknown reason. I sent Google an error report with a screenshot a couple days ago, but I doubt that I'll hear back from them. I read in other forums that the error could be related to either Google Services or the Play Store, but I uninstalled them both, used previous version and reinstalled them... but no cigar. Back to the good old reliable "(!) An error occurred" message on the screen. Btw, embedded youtube videos play without a hitch within the browser.

Reactions: ikensilviamapeka
Upvote 0
I have got fixes to solve this problem
Step 1: clear YouTube app data/cache
Step 2: change date and time automatically
Step 3: uninstall and reinstall YouTube
Step 4: Sign out of google account and in again
Step 5: restart your device
Step 6: you are now subscribing channels and liking videos without any error messages, enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones