• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Youtube Video Quality Fix?

Anyone else only get up to 360p quality on the youtube app? It looks so grainy and gross. Anyone know a how to raise the video quality? Any help is appreciated.

Anyone else only get up to 360p quality on the youtube app? It looks so grainy and gross. Anyone know a how to raise the video quality? Any help is appreciated.
If your phone is rooted and has xposed, download the module "app settings" and enable it. After that scroll down and find YouTube, change the DPI to 200 and the (dp) to 800x1280. After that you'll get 720p video.

Thanks for that it made a huge difference but do i need to change the DPI to change the video quality

You only need to change the DPI of the YouTube app, nothing else.

Thanks for the response! It was very helpful. But there is something that is bothering me though. That is the fact that when I try to load a video whether it youtube or especially flash html videos in chrome or stock browser it buffers on and off. Whereas, my LG F6 load it one time and its almost never buffers after both using my wifi (which is DSL bty, which still gets the work done for me) So, is there way to make playback fast like my on F6?

Thanks for the response! It was very helpful. But there is something that is bothering me though. That is the fact that when I try to load a video whether it youtube or especially flash html videos in chrome or stock browser it buffers on and off. Whereas, my LG F6 load it one time and its almost never buffers after both using my wifi (which is DSL bty, which still gets the work done for me) So, is there way to make playback fast like my on F6?
That I honestly have no idea about, mine loads just fine.

Yea i guess you're right my f6 has a custom rom where as tmy avant has touchwiz so it make sense cant wait for CM11 though!

Yea i guess you're right my f6 has a custom rom where as tmy avant has touchwiz so it make sense cant wait for CM11 though!
I second on that, once he finds a fix for audio I think he's going to re-upload with the fixes, I had it running for about 2 hours and this phone soars with cm11

If your phone is rooted and has xposed, download the module "app settings" and enable it. After that scroll down and find YouTube, change the DPI to 200 and the (dp) to 800x1280. After that you'll get 720p video.
The avant only has a qhd screen(540×960) and it seems pointless to turn the resolution any higher than that. Turning the resolution up to 720p on this phone is like connecting a BluRay player to an old picture tube TV.
If for some reason you are only getting 360p it would make sense to try to increase it to 540×960 but not any higher.

The avant only has a qhd screen(540×960) and it seems pointless to turn the resolution any higher than that. Turning the resolution up to 720p on this phone is like connecting a BluRay player to an old picture tube TV.
If for some reason you are only getting 360p it would make sense to try to increase it to 540×960 but not any higher.
I get a better picture at 720p so I'm happy either way I don't see grainy videos anymore. Also I don't think app settings has an option to increase it to 540x960.

So what exactly I need to do. Where can I download xposed?
If your phone is rooted you first need to download the Xposed Installer app from HERE, then grant it root access and install the xposed framework. After doing this download and install App Settings from HERE and then open the Xposed Installer app and go to the modules page and check the box next to app settings then reboot your phone. After that follow codyedmonson's instructions which I quoted above.
Edit:
By the way both of those are direct download links if you want to check out some other Xposed modules or find out more about the Xposed framework just head to repo.xposed.info

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom