• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You've Gotta Laugh

rozel

Oct 2, 2011
UK
Over the past two weeks my wife has been complaining about her SGS2 in that every time she makes or receives a call, after taking it away from her ear, sometimes the screen does not come back on. The other day she used her phone to make a call to one of those numbers asking you to select different numerical options.

Talk about being frustrated! When I got home she laid into me saying her phone was a complete load of old rubbish, not fit for purpose and slung it at me.

After playing around with a few settings - I have the same phone and got her to check my screen display settings, to make sure they mirrored mine, I noticed something.......

Two weeks ago we were in Windsor and she bought herself a Girlie-Pink phone case (a clam-shell design) and the fastening strap was bent over the screen when she had it open - for example when she makes a call.

I asked her to answer a call from me so I could see what effect her screen was having during and after a call and lo and behold, right enough, the dangling strap was covering the proximity sensor!!! Well I howled for over a couple of minutes! Her response? "Well I didn't know!" the phone is now her pride and joy once more lololol!

Reactions: ironass

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones