• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi folks
Odd one. The audio cuts out on the phone [whether FM radio, music app etc] after a while after the screen goes dark. Speaker or headphones. It seems not to be related to the screen sleep activation. For instance, I set the FM radio going, press the power to blank the screen and all is well for say 4 or 5 mins then it just stops. I double tap the screen to open, it starts again. Over and over. If I'm streaming using a music app [say JazzRadio] it will just stop and when I open the screen I have to press play again. Driving me NUTS! Is it something to do with Stamina? I've got all these apps in the exception list though. It has only just started doing this, was it the recent update? Thanks for your time!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones