• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zenfone 5 charging issue

1)
Have purchased the Zenfone 5

2).Yesterday I faced the charging problem when I connected it to my Car audio player USb drive .

3)Earlier in morning charging was working fine even when connected to car audio player usb.Inlate evening problem started

4)Problem: When the charging chord(asus make) is inserted inside the micro usb of fone .The charging light is frequently going on and off

5) However changing the asus lid with some other lid , fone started charging in all position except vertical position

6) However after putting some extremely light weight on usb lid point( where usb is inserted ) it started charging

7) It is not clear whether the problem is of lid or the usb of fone

8)For getting the mobile charge I have to put weight on usb tip of asus lid.However i feel usb lid of asus has become loose

9) This is not required for other lid

The phone is charging once lid fits as above.Kindly clarify

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones