• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZMax 2 Root Development (Developers Needed)

JGrosstephanJR

I'm too cool for this.
We need to get developers onto the ZMax 2 root because we all know how long the original ZMax root took. We have already figured out that all one click roots do not work with this phone, so like how the original team did, I believe we need to find a way to temp root put a custom recovery on and flash SU. Now I'm not a developer but we need to start somewhere.
Task List:
  • Temp Root
  • Recovery (For Root)
  • Root
  • Rom (Long Term Goal)
So if you are a developer, please help the ZMax 2 is a great phone.

Do not give up guys! we'll eventually have root access on this device. I'm trying really hard, working several methods. let's keep pushing for development on this device.

As of right now I'm simply trying every method I can think of. I am not a Dev but have a lot of rooting experience. If you have any ideas I'll certainly try it. Maybe with us all trying and sharing experiences we can find a working method. Or continue to push for further development.

I have also been trying to root this phone, I bought it yesterday at Walmart for $79.99, hopefully its cheap enough for some devs to buy it and figure out how to root it preferably without a computer.

Watch it be so simple...

But I'm glad you guys are working on it.

As for me...

xVyoSl.jpg

If you guys want stuff to happen over here, I highly recommend getting a hold of this guy >> phenomx4 << send him a message, do whatever you got to, but I suggest being prepared to offer a good incentive... Maybe set up a donation pot for all to collaborate and throw in pitch for him to get the phone. I assure you, you wouldn't be disappointed.
By now he's also well versed in ZTEs software.

I returned my moto G 3 and got on of these. I loved that phone but it was a huge disappointment for the price, when I got this at Best Buy for 99 bucks.
2x RAM. Triple storage maybe? A hella lot more anyway.
I found no challenge in the SU game with the Moto G3. It was all there, easy peasy. Call me crazy but I like a challenge. PLUS I got a 100 dollars back in the exchange. Gotta LOVE that man.
I look forward to helping you guys achieve root. :)

I returned my moto G 3 and got on of these. I loved that phone but it was a huge disappointment for the price, when I got this at Best Buy for 99 bucks.
I found no challenge in the SU game with the Moto G3. It was all there, easy peasy. Call me crazy but I like a challenge. PLUS I got a 100 dollars back in the exchange. Gotta LOVE that man.

That sounds good, I just keep requesting support from the developers of the kingroot app, our phone is currently # 326 on the waiting list for support.

Glad to have you on the team; this seems like a pretty tough nut to crack.

Thank, I'm here to help testing.. But it could be a good idea, to had a guide on how to enter download mode and Recovery mode. Just to begin to know the phone. I'm coming from Samsung since Galaxy Captivate. All the phones rooted, I miss TIBU.

If this thing is like the TMO ZTE Zinger....all of the partitions are locked down tight as a cast iron box.
I remember when ZTE were easy phones to deal with here.

Back
Top Bottom