• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE RELEASED THE KERNEL SOURCE!

Yeah its been out for a couple of days. Super R was working on a custom one, but he wanted to get the stock one built from source correctly before he went any further. The last one I tested for him wouldn't boot, so I think he's got some tweaks to make. He's a busy guy.

ahhh thats good to know.. ive been learning how to port roms and what not but it isnt working out lol but im hoping that i can eventually learn

The only way to learn is practice!! I'm right there with you though man. Super R is a great developer so hopefully whenever he has time he can make some decent progress. We just need to make sure somebody is always available for testing since he doesn't have one of these phones.

i've been working on his l beta port trying to fix the sound.. do you have any idea on what files to mess with? so far ive changed all the files in the modules folder and im working on changing them in the firmware folder. (just copying the files from the stock max rom) am i even close to doing the right thing? xD

Would "Any Kernel 2.0" help us. It has it has its own thread in xda. It basically lets you apply any kernel to any rom regardless of ramdisk. Ive tried to copy and paste info from xda but it doesnt let me. Seems this would help us alot. I appreciate work the guys have done with the l themed kitkat and superrom back with 4.1 but these are minimal custom roms. I would love the real thing like cm 11 or cm 12 or even a lollipop port some how. But i dont have the time or knowledge to go about this.

Back
Top Bottom