• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Skate, to buy or not to buy?

weltall

Jun 26, 2011
I am looking for a 4+ inch phone. I already own ZTE Blade and I am very pleased with it. I was wondering if ZTE Skate is as good as blade. The price is very attractive and if it supports cyanogen mod and plays the same games and all its a very good low budget android phone. Can anyone tell me any thoughts? Thanks.

I have both .. and yes , you would be please with the Skate as you are with the Blade. I would even say that you feel the 800Mhz instead of 600Mhz ( or even overclock 692 ) of the Blade

There is however a point to keep in mind , and it depends of what you've done on your Blade ... I mean what Rom you've put on it ( as I guess you did not kept the default android 2.1 one )

For my case .. I've resized the partition and then have about +- 290 Mb internally for the apps !! ( great ! )

So , when shifting to the Skate .. ( for which I've not yet found a way to change the partitions ) ... falling back to 162 Mb is a big shock !!!
And even the 4.3" screen is not enough to beat the Blade's enthousiasm ..

I'm still looking for the partitions space and so on .. before really taking the decision to keep the Skate (or to come back to the Blade )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones