• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Zmax 2 App Storage

Can anyone tell me how this device is partitioned. I understand the os takes up about 4-5gb leaving approx 11gb for user storage. Are apps downloaded and installed to this 11gb partition, or is it separate?

I may not have been clear in the previous post. I suppose what I was asking is under settings: storage, is there only one internal storage with a total of 16gb or is there two internal storage listed with a few gig in one and the rest in a secondary?

Well, since I couldn't find an answer online, I went to the nearest AT&T store to play with one. The device only has one partition, meaning that all apps, and downloads will be installed to the primary partition. There is only about 8gb available to the user, unless you root, and remove the bloatware.

Many devices claim to have "X" gb of storage, but it is only usable for music, videos, etc; not apps. The ZMax 2 allows this storage to be used for apps as well.

Back
Top Bottom