• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax 2 root

Hello,
I am using a zte zmax 2 at&t and I'm trying to use hotspot which does not,it seems that at&t prevent the device from using this feature.I tried many things but I am not able to go through.Can someone help with that issue by providing me a process or any anyother app that could help ?

Hello,
I am using a zte zmax 2 at&t and I'm trying to use hotspot which does not,it seems that at&t prevent the device from using this feature.I tried many things but I am not able to go through.Can someone help with that issue by providing me a process or any anyother app that could help ?

People said by using ES File Explorer File Manager (can be downloaded from Google Play store) works for hotspot. There is a tethering options within the app. Good luck!

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that it does not work for you. I have a friend that had this phone for 4 months plus. He used ES explorer to tether (no root needed) T-mobile hotspot. I do not know which version of ES he used before. And I am not sure why it does not work now.

Hello,

I was looking for a solution to the same issue with the same phone, and what worked for me is SsWifi for WiFi hotspot and FoxFi for USB and bluetooth tethering (the hotspot won't work with FoxFi). Both of the apps can be installed from Play Store.

Enable USB debugging

Get adb (most know how)

Type in this command through adb: adb reboot disemmcwp

Now use the PC version of Kingo Root

After that there are methods out there for replacing kinguser with suoersu (if you choose to do this be careful it may brick your phone) otherwise keep kinguser.

Back
Top Bottom