• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE ZMAX 2: Root

Kyle Rose

Lurker
I've been keeping myself updated with the rooting softwares and ive tried the Kingo and SRS Root for the ZMAX 2 but none of them have worked, Kingo would say root completed then my phone would freeze into a purple screen then Kingo would say root failed..(I know its unhealthy) i tried it several times but it would continue to freeze and fail.. So i tried SRS Root and just like previous people having the same problems on recent forums, it would say Root Complete, reboot, then nothing..not rooted ZMAX 2, no SuperUser..nothing..

So please if somebody has found the best Rooting Software or has found a safe alternative way for the ZMAX 2 please comment on my thread, im sure everybody else would be pleased to know also.. Thank You in advance if there is a software being able to fully root a ZMAX 2 because im finding nothing at all.. Im only wanting to root it to hack games and apps if theres a way to do that without a root (I highly doubt it) i would be more pleased.

Just Successfully Rooted My ZTE ZMax 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-28-14-47-00.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-28-14-47-00.png
    249.5 KB · Views: 1,064
Just Successfully Rooted My ZTE ZMax 2
Why would you not share how you obtained root with the rest f us?
Please, how did you do it? You're the only one so far...I've spent over 40 hours looking and trying every app and result on Google!
I bow down to you!

I have a ZTE zmax 2 I use it with a straight talk Sim card. I connected the phone to my laptop and ran the kingoroot app on the computer and it rooted the phone. I checked it with root checker and it said root was successful. But once I installed titanium backup and deleted all the att bloatware it didn't take it off the phone. Once the phone had been restarted the root was gone. If anyone knows how to unlock the boot loader on this phone I can probably root it then share more info and screen shots but right now I am limited by the locked bootloader

If it isn't possible soon, I may start looking for a mid range upgrade. It's an excellent phone for the price but, not having NFC and now two OS versions behind, might be time to find a slightly better phone that can also be rooted and keep the zmax 2 as a backup/media player.

Back
Top Bottom