• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick Charge 4 available

After searching the net and writing to India, I finally found Quick Charge 4 chargers for our phone. I personally checked 2 that are Qualcomm certified. First the list from Qualcomm(to verify what I said):
https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/quick-charge-device-list.pdf
This is for the model from Razor (it's cheaper)
https://www.razer.com/mobile/razer-phone-power-adapter
This is for the Belkin wall charger(they also have a car version
https://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7U074/
I purchased the Belkin model because I don't about the Razor company. I was told by my contact in India that they are a solid company. I just felt safer with Belkin. I'll let you know how it works when I get it. (It should be the end of this week)

I'm going nuts.....

Hi folks. Before I top myself, any ideas on this one?

Galaxy S8+

I use Google calendar across multiple devices. There is now a sync problem. iPad and desktop work fine but the phone app is behaving in a random mode. If I delete an event on the 'phone, it disappears on desktop. If I add something on desktop, it doesn't appear on the 'phone. If I add something on the 'phone it doesn't appear on the desktop! This morning I edited an entry on the app on iPad at home. Got to work and desktop is up to date as is mobile but now stuff for next year is missing. Cannot get it to sync these events. This is a recent thing as there is loads of historic data there which was entered from multiple devices including the mobile. I've tried uninstalling, deleting Google account, clearing data etc. etc. I rely on this for work etc and this is making my head explode. Aaaargh!

Help USB OTG duel connection

If you were to connect a duel USB OTG dongle or cable to your smart phone could you connect 2 devices at the same time such as a keyboard and mouse?

I am thinking yes, but am not sure. When reading the specs it would appear so:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

Attaching two OTG-enabled devices together requires either an adapter in conjunction with the slave device's USB-A cable, or an appropriate dual-sided cable and a software implementation to manage it. This is becoming commonplace with USB Type-C devices.

Just not sure if additional software would be required.

Galaxy Tab S5e won't connect to my home WiFi

Hello,
I have the new Galaxy Tab S5e (there is no sub-section for this device yet.)

I got it on Friday and started to set it up, but it wouldn't connect to my home WiFi (Spectrum lease modem.) It does not give an error message, it just keeps trying to connect over and over. This is both on my 2.4gHz and 5gHz networks. All my other devices connect to it with no problems, including my old Galaxy Tablet. This tablet has connected to both the hot spot on my Note 8 Phone and the open WiFi at my work. I haven't been able to try it on another secure WiFi connection yet.

Here are the fixes I have already attempted: Reboot the tablet. Restore the tablet. Turn on airplane mode. turn off airplane mode. Turn off WiFi and turn back on. Force a static IP. Change the DNS server settings for the network. Reboot the modem. Restore the modem to factory defaults. Change the network to open. Change the encryption security to different types. Change the broadcast channel on the modem. Spend an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support. Spend 2 hours chatting with Spectrum tech support. They both basically gave up and said, "I don't know what's wrong with it. It should be working."

I need to go to bed now, but my options left as I see them: Swap my modem for a new one with Spectrum. Buy my own cable modem. Run my old WiFi router off my Spectrum modem using it as a bridge.

Anyone have any advice?

Backwards Compatibility!

So i've ended up in a weird experiment to reverse engineer Android Pie to be able to run Older Applications & games using the Dalvik Runtime while running the ART Runtime at the same time.

Using libdvm.so i allowed the OS to run older apps that require it, now this is experimental and may not 100% run apps at a full power but it can run along side ART without no issues

Talkatone trouble

I just found out that in less than a month the version of talkatone I've been using won't be supported any more. They're insisting that I "upgrade". What exactly does that mean? Will it cost money? I've been using the free version. I wouldn't say it's great but ok. Does that have anything to do with the problem I've been having with it lately? It seems no matter what number I try to call it's "waiting for answer" and after about a dozen rings it shuts off with no answer.

Flashed TWRP, but can't boot into TWRP recovery.

Hello, I successfully flashed TWRP using Kies. However booting into recovery just takes me to the default recovery mode, not the TWRP. I had USB debugging and OEM unlock turned on before doing this, and flashed the device with it in download mode. I used the correct file for TWRP recovery, did I do something wrong or is there something additional that I must do to access TWRP recovery?

Tasker 5.7 Release Questions

Some of us require Tasker and Tasker App Factory.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/bioopz/
spells out the planned increment natal release of Tasker 5.7 followed by the release of Tasker App Factory 5.7 means that all users like me have to wait and no estimate is stated.

I am a Beta tester. There should be a 5.7.0 Beta 17 release of Tasker and Tasker App Factory. If there were no problems then 5.7 could be released any way you choose.

If you are looking for a recommendation … there should be two FLAVORS of Tasker … Tasker and Tasker Enhanced (Tasker plus Tasker App Factory). Update them at the same time and release them at the same time.

… Thom

Strange occurrence

I just discovered a repeatable, possible glitch. I guess, it isn't terrible but more strange. Under Display settings, there is a heading called "Home touch buttons". Then the heading, "Hide Home touch buttons". That's the list that controls which app has the buttons showing and which apps hide the buttons. I have all my apps show the buttons. I've found that every once and awhile, my calendar and email apps hide the buttons for no apparent reason & not at the same time. No big deal. I go to the list and turn all the apps on & then off to make sure I didn't miss an app. I also use an installed keyboard app. After I flip the buttons on & off, my keyboard changes to the default keyboard and I have to manually change it back. Very strange.

Prediction: Auto and related industry..

my friend got a used Tesla.. 2016 P90 S- series.

the power and acceleration.. is crazy!!
the amount of control of the car via computer is great!
i can see how it was designed.. from ground up .. an electronic device that is used for transportation.

other car makers are working from the angle... Car with electronic add-ons.

in my opinion... i can see the future.
and here are my predictions: 20 yrs from now.
1. Electronic cars .. will be 97% of the cars on the road.
2. Auto-pilot will be in all cars. (95%)
3. most (60%) people will NOT own a car. they will pay into a service to use a pool of cars.
Just use app on phone.. less than 5 mins.. a self-driving car will show up.
anywhere! any style car you need (car/van/truck).
then you can drive or let the auto-pilot take you.
monthly fee- (estimated about - 1/4 of a car payment)
no insurance, no maintenance
4. Auto- insurance companies will reduce to...1 or 2 insurance providers
Auto-Service provider will insure their own cars.
5. because of the auto-pilot .. accidents will be reduced by 95%.
6. Repair shops.. autobody shops... tire shops.. will also greatly be reduced. few here and there.
7. there will be 2-3 car makers in the world.
8. Taxi service - Uber - Lyft - dead!
9. auto rental.. Enterprise - Hertz - dead!

LOL.. well.. only time will tell.

Android TV BOX K220 M8 box

so I have been an android user for years but I only have limited knowledge of android tv and tv boxes.

So I have been given this box its has an M8 logo on it but everyone I have contacted that sell M8 boxes say they have never seen this box before, at the moment it is running a rom from entertainment box.

All I want to do is get the clock and remote working again but I can't find anything about it on line.

Any help would be great.
Android version:

Kernel version:

I have uploaded some pics of my system info.

Recommendation for voice assistant

I'm currently trying to find a handsfree assistant app since Google assistant throws an error saying it's not compatible with my phone for whatever reason. So im looking into other options, just trying to find an app that will recognize the button push on my handsfree device. I have a Supertooth HD bluetooth and it connects to the phone just fine, I can end a call by pressing the button on the unit, so the connection is solid and works. But when I click the button to send a command, nothing happens. So my thinking is mainly because there's no app installed to get that command to be recognized. I was going to test Lyra from what i found, but if anyone could recommend some of their favs, that would be great. Thanks!

Help Call connects, phone lag

Hi, I have been having this issue with my phone running Android 8.1 where when a call connects, the speakerphone buttons don't become available until a few seconds into the call. I'm more for one to hit the speakerphone immediately upon connection, but that doesn't seem to be an option with 8.1 Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!

New here

Hi all, I just joined the forum and am looking forward to posting. I have been a long time iPhone user who recently got my first Android phone the Kyocera Duraforce Pro 2. So far I have been very happy with the phone and OS, definitely have to get used to the differences between the two OSes, but i'm getting there. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the posts!

Data Saver

Can someone please explain to me how the Data Saver user interface works? I gather that this function keeps applications from sucking up data over the phone network when it's not necessary.

Do the switches "off" mean that an app will get data via WiFi only? How does this relate to the "Data Saver" on/off switch? Are they (even the ones switched off) only protected from sucking data when Data Saver is on? And if

• an app's Data switch is off
  • I'm off WiFi and have data turned on
  • Have Data Saver turned on

If I want to use an app that needs data (E-mail, for example) when I'm off WiFi, will I have to find my way back to the switches and turn an app's "Unrestricted Data" switch back on before it will work? Or does opening the app allow it to get data via the phone network?

Attachments

• Data_Saver.png
    Data_Saver.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 197

App Inventor Execution failed for task ':app:bundleReleaseResources'

Hello. i have a problem i have this error message

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:bundleReleaseResources'.
> 1 exception was raised by workers:
com.android.builder.internal.aapt.v2.Aapt2Exception: Android resource linking failed
C:\Users\Lietotajs\Desktop\android\app\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeReleaseResources\merged.dir\values-v26\values-v26.xml:7: error: resource android:attr/colorError not found.
C:\Users\Lietotajs\Desktop\android\app\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeReleaseResources\merged.dir\values-v26\values-v26.xml:11: error: resource android:attr/colorError not found.
C:\Users\Lietotajs\Desktop\android\app\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeReleaseResources\merged.dir\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15: error: style attribute 'android:attr/keyboardNavigationCluster' not found.
error: failed linking references.

Filter

Back
Top Bottom