• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Used Telephone"

There is one Google activity named
"USED TELEPHONE" is showing now a days on my Moto g3 phone and next day this activity disappeared from Google activity means if it is 29th april today then "used Telephone" will show but when I check my google activity on 30th April for the 29th April then this activity. "Used Telephone " won't show. why this is happening and for what this activity "used telephone" is showing?

Help Playlists keep disappearing, Android P, unmount remount?

I've got an Android One phone, Xiao Mi A2 with Android P. My playlists keep disappearing. I'm using JetAudio Plus. I emailed them about the issue and Jet Audio said:

''JetAudio use system’s media library to show the playlist to user and this system media library is managed by system. That means if your playlist gone some reason, applications can not show that to user. In most classes, it because SD card un/re-mount events. So please check why your device un/re-mount your sdcard from time to time.''

My phone does not have an SD card slot. What should I do to permanently fix this problem? Thx,

Is it possible for my internal 64gb memory to get unmounted and remounted without me knowing?

How To Give WPS Office SD Card Access?

I just put wps office on my phone because I need something to write draft emails before sending them and it seems to be the best thing I can find.

But it seems to have a problem using my SD card and my phone has precious little memory of its own.

The phone asks me to give it write access when I try to save to the SD card. I click 'grant' and then it goes to another screen where it says to show and select SD card then tap the select button at the bottom..

but I see no SD cards with select buttons or otherwise.

I googled and found a post about google preventing saving to external SD or something but it apparently related to android 5 or earlier. I have android 7 here it tells me.

How can I fix all this? Or is WPS office problematic and I should be using something else? (that's also free).

Android car radio USB storage default

Hi guys,
I have just bought an android double din head unit for my car, it works really good but I want to plug in a usb stick in the back of it and make it default to store to. Eg I have pandora app on it and want to download any songs I like to the usb stick as the head unit only has 5 gig free and this is the reason I want to use the usb stick to keep build in memory free.
Can i set this to be default ? If so how? Am running Oreo btw.
Cheers guys

Can my samsung s3 GT-S7560M be upgraded from 4.0.4?

I have a samsung s3 and did a factory reset on it. It now has android 4.0.4 on it. Is there any way to update this to anything newer, as the one on it does not work well at all. I tried a program called kies? All it does is show my phone is connected, there is no way to update it with that. I tried through google store, but it seems those are fakes and ad based spam. Just trying to figure out if this can be updated, or is it good for paper weight?

How to acces all files of rooted device, with broken touch from PC

Dear all,
i have a Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 Tablet which is rooted, but with a broken touch screen (it looks perfect, but i cant swipe click or select any thing. The device has no password, or swipe code.

If i connect the tablet to a pc, i can access many files on the internal memory as well as those on the sd card. But i think not all. I would like to copy all the files, and apps in the hope i can still recover some of my data and particularly some notes from a note taking app, which i could not find among the files to which i have acces.
1 Is it possible to some how see and access all the files, and apps installed on the tablet?
2 Would it be possible to get some how remote access from a PC to the android, such that i can click around with my mouse in stead of using the broken touch screen?
Any suggestions would be welcome

Stop search results that default to local device features?

I apologize if I'm posting this incorrectly, it's my first time on this forum. I love the stock Google search and it's assistant features and have almost no complaints about it so I don't want to switch my search but I would like to know how I can stop it from defaulting to a function relevant to my local device and its features/options, like when I search for torch, or Torchlight, it just turns on my flashlight instead of bringing up results related to the game or movie or whatever I'm actually looking for....I have had other instances of the same problem but can't think of any off the top of my head. it wouldn't be so bad if the relevant feature was just included in a list of search results but it just performs the action and gives me no results. Always enjoy learning about the inner workings of these things so any insight is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Please help, whatsapp clone issue!

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a difficult situation that I am trying to solve.
It is about a whats app clone.
I have a new phone with a new number and used a whats app clone to get my old whats app on my new phone.
So old whats app was connected via whats web to my new cell.
Now someone else has that number and phone, but I have not thought to disconnect in whats app before I transferred number and phone.
I dont have the app installed anymore on my new phone.
Does this all mean that the old phone is connected to my new phone? Should I be worried about it?
I really hope someone can help me with this.

Help Clock keeps changing on lock

Hello!
I recently aquired a Galaxy J6 and it's clock doesn't work as should be.
When I lock the smartphone, apperently the clock keeps changing, not going the speed it should. It goes slower than it should. Today I woke up with the clock on 8AM, but it was 10AM.

This happens both on manually or automatically.

I didn't root or anything. I bought it and just start to use, after software update.
Does anyone knows why this is happening?
Thank you.

Unfortunately Chrome has stopped & Settings Processing has stopped.

I have a Bush tablet.Most of the time when i got on the Chrome web browser it comes up unfortunately Chrome has stopped.Other times when it's finally works it comes up Chrome isn't responding.It runs on 4.4.2. Android.I was given this tablet by a relative as they hardly used it.If there's a way to speed this tablet up via apps on Google Play please let me know.

Weird Alarm (on Home screen and Notification)

On my Android 5.1 I have a weird alarm on the Home screen and in the notification area.
I don't know where it comes from and can't get rid of it.
That Alarm is NOT visible in the Date/Time App !!!

Joined are two Pics
Pic1 :
Showing the Alarm (Sun 10:00) and the Icon in the Notification Area
Pic2 : Showing a new alarm I added together with a SECOND Icon in the Notification Area

When the alarm of Pic2 is terminated, I'm back on the Pic1 situation.

I tried already to remove/add the widget and had a look in all sort of Apps.
Can't find a way to get rid of that alarm

Any Ideas where / how I can see where it comes from ? How to remove it ?

Attachments

• ParisAlarmPicture1.jpg
    ParisAlarmPicture1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 114
  • ParisAlarmPicture2.jpg
    ParisAlarmPicture2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 105

Images and Files deleting overnight

Morning

On each of the last 3 days I have woken up to find my phone has deleted all images and files.

If I check Gallery all images and videos have gone, if I go into my files and to the relevant folder they are not there either. This includes all downloaded files.
The only way I appear to still be able to see the images is if it's something been sent via WhatsApp going back into the chat and clicking the image to download it again.

I had not downloaded any new apps prior to this. I've tried device maintenance and running scans with no threats found, I've since downloaded AVG on my phone and also got no threats found.

Any suggestions?

Phone Samsung Galaxy s10+
Software Android 9
Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks in advance.

Help Need help with Substratum App

I need help so implemented Substratum to my rom that i want to add in my next rom update next week, but substratum doesnt work i have the latest busybox installed, the latest LinageOS SU binary installed and working perfectly, i got the tile to be integraded in the Quick Tiles, but when i apply a theme for Android Pie to ensure its properly working, it doesnt work says i have to compile the theme and already did that and i also chosen the appropriate android version, also not to forget i also attempted to enable installed theme and restart system UI

If theirs files im missing please link the files below thanks

Need help implementing layout slide push behavior to reveal a complete UI component

Hi, I have this small app designed and working for a demo project. I want to implement the chat UI in a way that when I click the chat button , all the top UI slides to left and reveal the chat UI from below (see attached gif )
My 2 main questions
1. How to implement layout slide behavior
2. How to implement the chat UI , since it is a complete UI with action bar so is it going to be another activity ? If so how will I show another activity alongside current activity ?
Thanks

Attachments

• X4x0d.gif
    X4x0d.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 224

Where is the apps button on my Home screen?

There was a white apps button on my home screen that when depressed displayed Icons not shown on my Home and other panes/screens. I used to have on three dots or panels including my home screen. Since the apps button disappeared I now have nine panels filled with icons.

I loved the fact I only saw the apps I used regularly. If and when I need an app I didn't use often I would tap the apps button find and used the desired app.

How can I restore the app button that was on my home screen?

Thanks!

Filter

Back
Top Bottom