• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After using Developer Tools can't access sites

I have an odd issue. I was using the developers tool on my G6 to connect to Chrome on my Surface Pro 4. I worked with two sites inspecting them. After disconnecting my phone from the system I can no longer access those two sites when on Wifi only.

I can access all other sites on the phone via chrome.

When connecting to the two sites that I can not access I just get a time out error and nothing loads. Also the sites will not load on Opera and Firefox how ever all other sites are available without issue.

I have restarted the phone and router. I have cleared the cache on the phone.

Please note that when I access the sites on Mobile Data they work. The sites were just fine on all other Wifi enabled devices in the house.

What am I missing?

Built in voice recorder issue - important

I'm writing my thesis and i made some interviews with the built in voice recorder. I've made many. But one of the most important recording cannot be found. The recording is approx 2 hours long, it can happen that accidentaly i didn't save it, because i pushed the wrong button :( but im not sure. The only thing is sure that it cannot be found between the recordings.
Is there any solution to recover that file? (3 days has passed i've tried many programs but it wasn't a succes). My phone is not rooted yet, but in case it would sopve i would do it happily.

Any advice would help, it's really important because the interview cannot be managed again :(.

Thank you in advance.

App Inventor Download text file with TextView using Html.fromHtml

When I use this code it displays the text in the file Myfilecontainingtext.abc
How can I make it instead download the file to the downloads directory?

Java:
        String html1 = "<a href='http://www.mywebsite.com/Myfilecontainingtext.abc'>Download Myfilecontainingtext.abc to Downloads directory</a>";
        TextView textView1 = (TextView) findViewById(R.id.textView1);
        textView3.setText(Html.fromHtml(html1));
        textView1.setMovementMethod(LinkMovementMethod.getInstance());

Apps How to learn which app is running, and kill some of them?

Hi, i am looking for a way to create an app which will run on the background, and when i press both volume down and volume up button it will kill all the app that currently running (some of them).

I nailed the event click both volume button and background service but i dont know how i can kill another app thats not from my app's activity.

I would prefer non-rooting required but if its not possible, rooting is fine since the purpose of this project is mainly education.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: I am not looking for a block of code, just some keywords or solutions. Sure some code example would be nice.

Help Twrp for the LG Artiso 3

Edit: I have twrp made but have no way to flash it yet, fastboot won't let me flash it and gives me an unknown command error so I'm looking for an alternative tool to LGUP that can flash partitions. I do have a dev patched LGUP but it tells me my DLL is out of date and won't flash my recovery.img

So if anyone knows anything like SP Flashtool for Snapdragon devices please let me know

If anyone else has this device and think they can develop on it then please post on here and help some of us out. I don't know how new this device is, or if a lot of people have it but I just got it for free today and I'm using it for service but it definitely needs TWRP. Hopefully some development can happen

Keyboard over BottomSheet(Dialog) problem

Hello people.

I do use BottomSheetDialog and there are some Edittext etc...
But the problem is that when the keyboard pops up, not the whole
BottomSheet is over the Keyboard.

I've tried:
d.getWindow().setSoftInputMode(WindowManager.LayoutParams.SOFT_INPUT_ADJUST_RESIZE);
and any SOFT_INPUT parameter. Nothing is changing ._.

problem.jpg

MainActivity
Java:
        final BottomSheetDialog d  = new BottomSheetDialog(this);
        Objects.requireNonNull(d.getWindow()).setSoftInputMode(WindowManager.LayoutParams.SOFT_INPUT_ADJUST_RESIZE);
        d.setContentView(R.layout.content_bottomsheet_new_pocket_item);
        d.getBehavior().setHideable(true);
        d.getWindow().setSoftInputMode(WindowManager.LayoutParams.SOFT_INPUT_STATE_HIDDEN);

button2.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
           @Override
           public void onClick(View view) {
               d.show();
           }
        });

Main Activity.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<androidx.coordinatorlayout.widget.CoordinatorLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
    xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
    android:id="@+id/coordinatorLayoutPocketMain"
    android:layout_width="match_parent"
    android:layout_height="match_parent"
    android:fitsSystemWindows="false"
    tools:context=".PocketMain">

<com.google.android.material.appbar.AppBarLayout
        android:id="@+id/app_bar"
        android:layout_height="@dimen/app_bar_height"
        android:fitsSystemWindows="true"
        android:theme="@style/AppTheme.AppBarOverlay">

<com.google.android.material.appbar.CollapsingToolbarLayout
            android:id="@+id/toolbar_layout"
            android:layout_height="match_parent"
            android:fitsSystemWindows="true"
            app:contentScrim="?attr/colorPrimary"
            app:layout_scrollFlags="scroll|exitUntilCollapsed|snap"
            app:toolbarId="@+id/toolbar">

<androidx.appcompat.widget.Toolbar
                android:id="@+id/toolbar"
                android:layout_height="?attr/actionBarSize"
                android:layout_marginTop="22dp"
                app:layout_collapseMode="pin"
                app:popupTheme="@style/AppTheme.PopupOverlay" />

<androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout
                android:layout_height="75dp"
                android:layout_gravity="bottom">

<Button
                    android:id="@+id/button2"
                    android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                    android:layout_marginStart="8dp"
                    android:layout_marginTop="8dp"
                    android:layout_marginEnd="8dp"
                    android:layout_marginBottom="8dp"
                    android:text="Button"
                    app:layout_constraintBottom_toBottomOf="parent"
                    app:layout_constraintEnd_toEndOf="parent"
                    app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent"
                    app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent" />

</androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout>

</com.google.android.material.appbar.CollapsingToolbarLayout>
    </com.google.android.material.appbar.AppBarLayout>

<include layout="@layout/content_pocket_main" />

</androidx.coordinatorlayout.widget.CoordinatorLayout>

content_bottomsheet_new_pocket_item.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
    xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto"
    xmlns:tools="http://schemas.android.com/tools"
    android:background="@color/colorPrimary">

<Button
        android:id="@+id/button"
        android:layout_marginTop="32dp"
        android:text="Button"
        app:layout_constraintTop_toTopOf="parent" />

<EditText
        android:id="@+id/editText"
        android:layout_marginTop="8dp"
        android:layout_marginBottom="60dp"
        android:ems="10"
        android:inputType="textPersonName"
        android:text="Name"
        app:layout_constraintTop_toBottomOf="@+id/button" />

<EditText
        android:id="@+id/editText2"
        android:layout_marginBottom="8dp"
        android:ems="10"
        android:inputType="textPersonName"
        android:text="Name"
        app:layout_constraintStart_toStartOf="parent" />

</androidx.constraintlayout.widget.ConstraintLayout>

Help Super slow downlaods

I looked all over the net for solutions for my issue, but to zero fruition. Any app I try to down load from the app store by google, or even the apkpure app, it takes a very long time to download and install. For example I'm trying to download an hourly reminder app, and it has been nearly 20 min running. The same applies to apkpure.. However regular net speed are not affected and neither is net downloads... Only app store downloads. Any, and all, help is appreciated.

Help Google app or Google Assistant displaying IOT devices incorrectly

Anyone else having this issue?

Assuming the screenshot didn't attach properly, basically when you ask Google Assistance to mess with Hue lights or Nest temp, it displays the percentage as normal, then on top of that there's another number. It's overlapping each other and looks really bad.

So for example, I ask Google Assistant to set temp to 70, Google will do it for me, but then displays the result. The result will be 70 degrees, but there'll be a "18" or something like that displayed in the middle or on top of the 70.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Screenshot_20190418-222612_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20190418-222653_Google.jpg

Keep Legos together somehow

This one's really off topic. Imagine trying to help a kid make some of the models from that Lego Gadgets set by Klutz. Well, I must really be one because we couldn't do even the first thing, that claw. The little gray connector fit onto the long red beam fairly well, but then the blue piece with the bend wouldn't fit on the other side. I have no problem with the pictures, but the pieces are maybe not machined right. It must be even more frustrating for someone his age. Long story short, is there anyone on here who knows how to make Lego pieces stick together without cheating, e. g. no glue?

Help Pressing all 3 buttons starts some kind of download - how do I stop it?

My Galaxy A6 is a decent phone for my needs. It has one feature I'd like to turn off.

If I press all 3 external buttons, it starts some kind of huge download that I didn't ask for. I have to press two of them for 7 seconds to make it stop. Then the phone re-boots.

Now I don't press all 3 buttons on purpose, but sometimes they get pressed while in my belt pouch. I take the phone out, there is a blue screen saying "Download In Progress", sometimes with some small print this far-sighted person can't quite read. Also the phone is quite warm as if it's been working for a while in my pouch.

I tried modifying the pouch so the down button (right hand on/off switch) isn't as easy to press, and it happens less frequently now, but I'd like to be able to disable whatever that function is. I really don't want to download anything I haven't deliberately asked for.

Does anyone know how to disable this?

Thanks,
Bob

Before You Buy - The Samsung GALAXY Fold!!!!

Today this isn't gonna be a long tip thread for you but before you buy be aware of these issues because you maybe buying the phone for it's hardware but for the brand name, but it all depends on how you look at it.

Before you buy check out these tips:

• Keep in mind the Samsung GALAXY Fold is new technology being tried out in the real world so don't expect it to not have problems down the line.

• The Samsung GALAXY Fold has a protective layer that LOOKS like a screen protector but it's NOT this layer is apart of the screen and if you remove the protective layer the screen will stop working KEEP YOUR KIDS INFORMED because i see a lot of people punish their kids for breaking stuff they never were aware about and never say hey it's more of my fault then theirs because u didn't tell them! (Keep in mind kids do not enjoy reading they just go and use the device without caring about what the warnings say, kids hate reading unless you inform them about the issues)

• The Samsung GALAXY Fold is NOT water resistant. This means if water get on it your $2,000 phone is gone.

• The Samsung GALAXY Fold has a warning about the screen protector read it, It's important.

• The Samsung GALAXY Fold will break overtime, this means since the protective layer is similar to a screen protector as time passes, the protective layer will wear out and will start peeling and gets to a point where possibly the screen will get damaged. This is out of your control and i recommend keeping the phone away from water, steam etc to prevent any damage!

So far this is the most i can tell you by hard and if you have any tips to help others, why not share it with everyone here thanks for reading my thread!

Onscreen button to swipe gesture app?

Hi,
I'm playing a game called Thumper, a rhythm based game, where one of the actions (turning) requires you to swipe to the left or right. I find it really difficult to time it right since I played it on pc with a keyboard. My question is: Is there an app, that adds buttons to phone's screen which can emulate swiping up, down, left and right?

I tried looking it up on google but I came across useless "Swipe Home Button" things.
All answers appreciated

Filter

Back
Top Bottom