• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile data not working but indicator is on 3G with full signal

(Ulefone Armor 3 with newest android version and no other problems.)

My mobile data is not working, while calls and sms do work and I always, regardless of my location, have the indicator that I'm connected to 3G with full signal. Wifi works aswell and SIM card also works if I put it in another phone.

I've read every post about this topic but nothing has worked. I have no data limit set and all mobile data settings turned on and I've reset my APN multiple times. I've been stuck with this problem for months now and would be very thankful for any ideas.

Consolidate Accts

I have an Asus zen tablet P9008 I just restarted. It has information from 2 old Gmail accounts. Lots of old photos, etc. Here's what I want to accomplish. I noticed Google passwords are finally being saved in saved passwords...just not mine.
1. Retrieve &;get my information off old Gmail accounts & then close accounts

2. Add tablet to current accounts as an approved device

3. Add a simpler sign in to current accounts.

I'm a bit long in the tooth & wake up in a new world every day. Just need my stuff back & neatly tucked in one place. Help please

Volume turning off media

Hey! So I've only just noticed that my phone has been doing this so it's a new" issue" to me anyway.

When I turn the sound either up or down on my phone using the volume control buttons on the side of the phone whatever I am listening to or watching turns off or pauses until I turn it back on. I've never known a phone to do this before and I don't know if it's a setting that I can change or if this is a real issue that needs to be fixed by a patch update or something.

Can anyone help?

+ On incoming calls

So I have a Verizon Galaxy S7 and I joined the AT&T network. Most (not all) of incoming calls come in with a prefix of +. So instead of 724-288-1234 it is +724-288-1234. This is inconvenient because I cannot call the number back through recent calls. I tried the assisted call settings, I had tried everything with that and even went to AT&T store to figure it out. The only thing I have found with my research is an app called 'prefixer' which is no longer available on google play store. My phone is not rooted. I feel I need to add, my phone works perfectly fine other than this and I cannot afford a new phone at this time. REV0.6 | SM-G930V | v 8.0.0

Help Are my text messages backed up when I copy my files to a folder on PC?

My text messages are taking up way too much space on my phone but I'm afraid to get rid of them unless I know I have a copy of them all somewhere. When I connect my phone to my PC via USB and copy all of my files to a folder as a backup, is this transferring ALL of my data (including text messages)? Is there anything that cannot be backed up when you copy these files to a computer? Once I have created this backup, can I delete away what I have on my phone that I do not currently need with the possibility of restoring/accessing these files later via the backed up files?

Thanks!!!

Also, I would not like to use an SMS Backup tool for the moment. I just want to have the files somewhere and I can deal with the coding of the data later.

How to revert OS from Pie to Oreo

Good day everyone!
Could someone please provide me the steps required to revert my Galaxy S8 phone, from OS 9 PIe, to OS Oreo 8?

I had an app, called "Total Recall". its records your phone conversations, both incoming and outgoing. OS 9, Pie, disabled the incoming conversation, due to some legality issues, but as long as i remain with OS 8 Oreo, i can retain this feature.

Could someone please provide a step by step instruction on how to revert to OS 8? Thank you.

Help WIFI NOTIFICATION

I have a Android Galaxy S7S7, version 8.0.0. I received my bill the other day with additional charges because it says I went over my datadata. I have 2GB of data per month. I've never even come close to using 1GB, let alone exceeding 2GB. I rarely leave my house because I'm disabled and when I do, I only use my phone for naking/receiving calls or texts, (which are unlimited on my plan). I've searched and searched but have not found an answer/solution. Is there a way to get a notification popup or sound that warns you when you're WiFi/internet drops/disconnects?

Help how can i copy file in order to MTP (Android phone)?

i am trying to copy .mp3 files in order

to my phone but it windows copies them from the first one (the one on the top of the list ) to the last one

so in searching for a solution i found this program CopyInOrder

after i choose the files i press on create .bat file in the program i reverse the lines order in bat file using sort text lines site

so i can copy from the oldest to the newest but the only one problem is that i can't choose the sd card from my MTP .. even i can't access it using CMD ...
and i have tried to insert my phone as sd card only but when i unplugs the phone the order of the new files gets messed up again
X9lCS.png

S7 black screen

Hi all
I have s7 never dropped it or not water damaged. A few wks ago i had to turn fne off as was in a meeting. When i turned it back on screen was black although fne was working. Mesages calls etc were coming thru but i cudnt respond as screen was black. After 6 hrs of googling i managed to get screen bak. Again other day i turned fone off. But havent bn able to get screen up. I have exhausted every avenue. From draining battery. Volume down and power ive went thru every single thing to try. Ive even bn able to guess where smart view is on fne and connect to tv. I dnt want to leave fne in to get fixed cus i know its a glitch maybe with an app or something causing this problem and not the lcd or digitizer. Any help would be great thank you

[FREE][GAME] Bubbles in Line

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.notnull.bubblesinline

A 9×9 board game, played with bubbles of different colors, for Android devices. The player can move one bubble per turn to remove the bubbles by forming lines (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) of at least five balls of the same color.
To score move bubbles on the table to match five or more bubbles of the same color in a line.
Some bubbles have two colors, so they are counted as any of the two colors.
You can move the bubbles between any two squares only if there is a path of free squares.
Path is made of segments in vertical or horizontal direction (no diagonal).

The game has different levels of difficulty, depending by the number on the colors you selected when the game starts:

• very easy – you selected minimum number of colors
  • hard – you selected maximum number of colors
More details on https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ro.notnull.bubblesinline page

Help Is there a way to disable UI font color adaptation?

Hi there! I was wondering if there is a way to disable the automatic UI text adaptation? There are brighter wallpapers that I want to apply to my home and my lock screen, however doing so also changes all of the text to black, which I don't want. I understand that they do this likely to improve visibility, but I don't like how much the text stands out against the background, so if I was able to keep it white even with brighter backgrounds that would be excellent. I have a non-rooted Samsung Galaxy S8+.

Fixing Bad charging animation

Minimum requirements
1.An android phone : any android version including 2.3 and above
2.Root acess
3.Stock rom/ working system/bin folder

To get root
http://www.supersu.com/download

flashing using TWRP

just replace Ipod folder from stock working to Custom rom and all is fixed :) and the video also explain too about the Ipod

FAQ
Will it Crash Your Phone
Never But backup your stock Ipod but 99.9999999% wont crash unless U did something funny and blaming the Devs:rolleyes:

Charging logo showing Blackscreeno_O
Give it Chmod775 permission in twrp

Didnt work after giving it still cancerous
:rolleyes:

1.Check if your phone logo.bin matches and flash the one for your phone

2.Check the Rom Properly

Will it work on MTK
99.99999% assurance

Will it work on snapdragon
Yes
but i am sure snapdragon Doesnt have this issue only Mtk mainly have it :)

Signature :★Speedevs Orgnization①★

Donate link
paypal.me/speedevs

:)

Unable to connect to a computer

Good afternoon,

I am trying to root my Galaxy s7 edge: G935F or my Galaxy tab A 2016: T580 with odin, but both aren't being recognized by my Windows 10 computer. They do charge but don't seem to recognize my computer either. However my computer does recognize my Galaxy s5 neo and my Galaxy A5 2017. I've searched a lot and tried everything i found.

Which involves:
Different computers, ports, cables; and I consistantly get te same error.
Original cable
manualy install drivers, removing all usb drivers and reboot computer.
factory reset
Enabling developer options, usb debugging and usb configuration is set to Media Transfer Protocol.
I switched off selective usb interruption in my computers power management and dissabled quick boot.

Are there other things I could try, to make the computer recognize my S7 edge or Tab 2016. The only thing I could find, is that the ports of the devices itself are broken. Since both devices behave and charge normally I doubt this really is the case.

Since my main goal is to get one of the two rooted, maybe someone knows a way to do this without the use of a usb connection. I geuss one-click root methods don't work on these devices and I wasn't able to find something trough micro sd or a wireless option.

Thank you in advance

Help with texting ...

Hello,

I have a question about my J7.
It's about typing text.
In most (or all) phones there is a tool built in like T7. That helps you to type text faster, cause many words
appear in the bar already when you have typed the first 3 or 4 letters.
I have the impression that in my Phone that help only works when I use the English language.
I am Dutch and then It seems that I can't use it.
Do I have to manage some settings and how do I do that?

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

binding a service to multiple activities

Hi,

I'm developing a music player app, it's my first Android app ever so I'm navigating these waters. So far everything is going decently, a few hangups, etc., but still getting there.

So my question: I have my music service playing and I need to control it from several screens. Think "Google Play" app, "Spotify", were you can do the normal pause, resume, next, prev, etc. from a main category page, a song detail page, and others. I did some googling, and I found the following reference on Stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30648766/binding-a-service-to-multiple-activities

While it may seem legit enough, but one subcomment said this is a bad pattern to store variables in the Application itself, use persistence, etc. My question: Does the SO answer make sense, is it correct, or is there a better way I should do this?

Thanks

Filter

Back
Top Bottom