• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

why my phone gets different time to charge to full

Hi, it is weird.
Normal current is available in all my plugs used for charging.
but i find it peculiar that it takes some times to charge 5 hours to become fully charged and at some times it takes normal three hours.
i bought the phone on 2016. i changed the charger usb and battery to new ones from samsung service centre and approved dealers and confirmed the genuinity of the products.
Why it is so? how to check, if my board is working properly all times. give clues

Dissatisfied

Hello. I'm dissatisfied either with Android or the Moto Z2 phone, I'm not sure which. I've had Android phones pretty much ever since Android began, but never have I had a phone that behaves like my current phone. I hate the phone so much I'm getting rid of it, but that leaves me to wonder is it the phone or is it Android. Do I cross over to the other side and get an iPhone, or go back to Samsung?

This Moto Z2 pops up applications I have on the phone at random times. I could be watching a Xfinity TV app and out of the blue, my GHIN app will pop up. At times, the app that ties to my car hijacks the phone. Sometime I can't even get into the phone. I use my thumb print to gain access and sometimes it won't recognize my thumb. You would think it would pop up the password screen but it doesn't. It will do nothing.

Are these symptoms of Android, or are these symptoms of the Moto Z2. I think I would prefer to stay with an Android phone, but I've very close to going to iPhone.

I would welcome others comments.

[MOD]- Google Apps "PICO" GAPPS Package - Latest Release!

So originally this was remodded for my GamerROM OS for the nexus 6, but wanted to share it with yall in case you all wanted a package that installed pico but did NOT include "GoogleTTS" as a pre-installed system application.

To be very honest i really thought it was hard to modify a gapps package due to its weired installation method, but after data mining & learning more on how it works, i can force the installer to what to install just flash as a normal zip after you flash a OS and should work on all devices and i fully tested it before i released it!

Download: https://mega.nz/#!pBYHhAKI!QXpP8SLqTIZrhdz9bwmXqdo6B58R3JzwaL1xDju4zfU

Help

So, I'm wanting to turn off parental controls that is now affecting my apps.

It wouldn't even let me download this forum app.

My mother said she didn't set it up and neither did i. It's asking for a pin, so I find a Google play pin thing and change the pin. Go to settings, try to turn off parental controls. Tells me I have to put the pin in. When I put the pin in it says it incorrect when I know it isn't.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190407-010111.png
    Screenshot_20190407-010111.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 43

Help Phantom alerts

Several times each day I'll hear and/or feel the start of a notification--like the alert gets aborted part-way through--and then nothing happens. There's no new alert/notification.

A couple of times I caught a quick glimpse of the alerting app before it disappeared, and both times it happened to be the NBC4LA app. I checked its notification settings but didn't see anything odd.

It's happening more often, and it's kind of annoying.

On a related note, I do not have any apps set to vibrate on alerting, but as noted above, I'm hearing and/or FEELING these phantom alerts. I don't know of a way to search through all my apps' notification settings to track down whatever rogue apps are vibrating. I definitely do not want to go through them one by one!

Help Tablet won't turn on or charge. How can i tell if it's the mainboard or the battery?

I've got an android SM-T110 Samsung tablet that won't turn on and i'm a little stumped if the problem is with the battery or the motherboard. Is there an easy way to tell? Or is just replace the battery and hope the best the best course of action to take?

I've got it plugged into a usb multimeter to measure the power draw, and it's taking in 0.4A. So there's some form of life in it at least. I tried booting it without the battery installed but no luck, it registers 0A. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Android encryption real? Or like iOS?

Sorry for my poor English skills:

So far I've thought that iOS is safer than Android when it comes to physically accessing the data on the device.

I use iOS with a 6-digit PIN code. I found out that some computer programs (like PhoneRescue) can extract my notes, photos, contacts, calendars, and more from my iPhone without having to unlock the iPhone.

I wonder if this can also happen with the Android encryption technology?

Unfortunately, I do not have Android, so I can not test it myself.

Help Bluetooth Issues

Hi

I have a Garmin Forerunner 25 fitness watch paired with my Huawei P20 Lite phone. All works flawlessly most of the time but sometimes the watch and phone refuse to connect even though they are In range. The strange thing is that the Bluetooth icon disappears from the watch but the Settings screen shows that Bluetooth is still on. The only way I have found to get phone and watch to connect again is to turn Bluetooth off and on again on the watch. I have been in touch with Garmin regarding this and all they said is that the problem is with my phone. I find this difficult to believe because the only way to get things working is by doing something on the watch. I am no expert in those things so it could be that Garmin are correct. Do any of you have any suggestions of things I could try?

All the best

Patrick

Help How to use titles with 360 videos?

So this isn't technically about the Gear 360, but about the Gear 360 Action Director software for editing it all together. I have a couple of videos of events I shot in VR, but I wanted to insert images and titles in it. Apparently either that isn't possible, or I don't know the trick. Every time I try, I have to select "Panorama" mode and that messes up the VR video. Is there no way to insert a flat image or text in a VR video without one or the other messing up?

LG announced update to 9

According to the XDA forum;
"LG V30, V35, and V40 are expected to get Android Pie within 3 months"

You can read it at;
https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-v30-v35-v40-android-pie-q2-2019-kernel-sources/

Also at PhoneArena;
https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-Android-9.0-Pie-update-schedule-V30-V35-V40_id115104

Thought you'd like to know. Obviously, I wouldn't swear by this. HTC was terrible at keeping deadlines. I can only hope that LG is better. Time will tell.

Touch sensors not aligned with display

In many games, I thought my touches weren't registering until I realized the display was out of alignment with the touch sensors. Specifically, if I want to choose an option, I press just above the option and it works. Incredibly frustrating and makes many of my favorites games impossible to play. I don't seem to have the problem outside of games and there isn't a way to turn off full screen manually, which I suspect is the problem.

Check WhatsApp intro

1) Let's you check if a number uses WhatsApp
2) Let's you WhatsApp message/call numbers not in your contacts

You can get creative with the app and use it to send a message to yourself or respond to missed calls by WhatsApp. It's a bit of a fringe app so only useful if you want to contact/check numbers not in your contacts!

Available on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.checkwhatsapp.number

ePO5csSvaIXqdyJTVti87X7hzLTm6DaZGa0mT7J0rvdzS4aUNpRRB9TXdCFCOPWzWi8=w720-h310-rw

Filter

Back
Top Bottom