• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help, whatsapp clone issue!

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a difficult situation that I am trying to solve.
It is about a whats app clone.
I have a new phone with a new number and used a whats app clone to get my old whats app on my new phone.
So old whats app was connected via whats web to my new cell.
Now someone else has that number and phone, but I have not thought to disconnect in whats app before I transferred number and phone.
I dont have the app installed anymore on my new phone.
Does this all mean that the old phone is connected to my new phone? Should I be worried about it?
I really hope someone can help me with this.

Help Clock keeps changing on lock

Hello!
I recently aquired a Galaxy J6 and it's clock doesn't work as should be.
When I lock the smartphone, apperently the clock keeps changing, not going the speed it should. It goes slower than it should. Today I woke up with the clock on 8AM, but it was 10AM.

This happens both on manually or automatically.

I didn't root or anything. I bought it and just start to use, after software update.
Does anyone knows why this is happening?
Thank you.

Unfortunately Chrome has stopped & Settings Processing has stopped.

I have a Bush tablet.Most of the time when i got on the Chrome web browser it comes up unfortunately Chrome has stopped.Other times when it's finally works it comes up Chrome isn't responding.It runs on 4.4.2. Android.I was given this tablet by a relative as they hardly used it.If there's a way to speed this tablet up via apps on Google Play please let me know.

Weird Alarm (on Home screen and Notification)

On my Android 5.1 I have a weird alarm on the Home screen and in the notification area.
I don't know where it comes from and can't get rid of it.
That Alarm is NOT visible in the Date/Time App !!!

Joined are two Pics
Pic1 :
Showing the Alarm (Sun 10:00) and the Icon in the Notification Area
Pic2 : Showing a new alarm I added together with a SECOND Icon in the Notification Area

When the alarm of Pic2 is terminated, I'm back on the Pic1 situation.

I tried already to remove/add the widget and had a look in all sort of Apps.
Can't find a way to get rid of that alarm

Any Ideas where / how I can see where it comes from ? How to remove it ?

Attachments

• ParisAlarmPicture1.jpg
    ParisAlarmPicture1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 108
  • ParisAlarmPicture2.jpg
    ParisAlarmPicture2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 98

Images and Files deleting overnight

Morning

On each of the last 3 days I have woken up to find my phone has deleted all images and files.

If I check Gallery all images and videos have gone, if I go into my files and to the relevant folder they are not there either. This includes all downloaded files.
The only way I appear to still be able to see the images is if it's something been sent via WhatsApp going back into the chat and clicking the image to download it again.

I had not downloaded any new apps prior to this. I've tried device maintenance and running scans with no threats found, I've since downloaded AVG on my phone and also got no threats found.

Any suggestions?

Phone Samsung Galaxy s10+
Software Android 9
Please let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks in advance.

Help Need help with Substratum App

I need help so implemented Substratum to my rom that i want to add in my next rom update next week, but substratum doesnt work i have the latest busybox installed, the latest LinageOS SU binary installed and working perfectly, i got the tile to be integraded in the Quick Tiles, but when i apply a theme for Android Pie to ensure its properly working, it doesnt work says i have to compile the theme and already did that and i also chosen the appropriate android version, also not to forget i also attempted to enable installed theme and restart system UI

If theirs files im missing please link the files below thanks

Need help implementing layout slide push behavior to reveal a complete UI component

Hi, I have this small app designed and working for a demo project. I want to implement the chat UI in a way that when I click the chat button , all the top UI slides to left and reveal the chat UI from below (see attached gif )
My 2 main questions
1. How to implement layout slide behavior
2. How to implement the chat UI , since it is a complete UI with action bar so is it going to be another activity ? If so how will I show another activity alongside current activity ?
Thanks

Attachments

• X4x0d.gif
    X4x0d.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 191

Where is the apps button on my Home screen?

There was a white apps button on my home screen that when depressed displayed Icons not shown on my Home and other panes/screens. I used to have on three dots or panels including my home screen. Since the apps button disappeared I now have nine panels filled with icons.

I loved the fact I only saw the apps I used regularly. If and when I need an app I didn't use often I would tap the apps button find and used the desired app.

How can I restore the app button that was on my home screen?

Thanks!

Please Advise - Found and somehow enabled TMobile App

Hello,
While I was going through Lookout's(pre-installed) privacy check I seem to have found the T-MOBILE (akin to MyMetro) app and enabled it. I am now unable to disable it!
I updated it to the current version and turned off the permission I can. However, it is a little odd the have it sitting in the app draw and to have it at all.
I've actually found many "hidden apps" with Lookout and McAfee privacy scans. But this is the only one I seem to have enabled.
Please advise on how I should proceed to handle this app.
I'd prefer not to do a full restore.

Thank you for your time and help

Timelapse app for dummies

I have 2 unused androids and want to use them as timelapse surveillance! I'm not very software savvy and just want about 8 frames a day 24/7 (including flash) plug and play# just-, permanently mount, plug it in, push play and forget it for 32 or 64 gigabytes.

I can find apps but few have any comprehensive help file or tutorial.

Any help is welcome...

Recommended Tablet for Manga

I just made friends with other otakus in town and now I'm interested in reading manga, again. (Until now, I've just been watching anime) I have an iPad 2 updated to iOS 9.3 and the old thing is just not good for web browsing (and a few other things), anymore. I also have an Alldocube Mix Plus tablet, but lately I find myself using it more like a laptop, rather than as a tablet, with the keyboard attachment. Plus, both tablets are rather large (9-11 in.) and heavy for me to carry everywhere. So, I'm looking for a tablet with the following criteria:
  • 7-8 inches
  • Lightweight
  • Micro SD card support
  • At least 4GB RAM
  • HDMI-Out or compatibility with USB-C dongles
Bonus:
  • Latest version of Android
  • No bloatware
  • Value-priced
The one gripe that I have with a lot of Chinese Android devices is their lack of software updates, which makes me kinda nervous. Anybody know a good tablet that meets these criteria (at least the non-bonus ones)? Thanks.

Google chrome pending download and tweeter problems.

Emotion UI logo
Model number
Y635-L03
Y635-L03V100R001BHSC459B130
Build number
CPU
Quad core 1.2 GHz
RAM
1.0GB
702 MB free
8.00 GB total
Internal storage
Resolution
480 x 854
Y635-L03V100R001BHSC459B130
Build number
CPU
Quad core 1.2 GHz
RAM
1.0GB
702 MB free
8.00 GB total
Internal storage
Resolution
480 x 854
Android version
Baseband version
3.10.28-g72d260f
d00903065@tblbuild2 #1
Thu Oct 8 10:57:23 IST 2015
Kernel version
EMUI version
EMUI 3.0
Status
Phone number, signal, etc.
Legal information

Here is my phone info. About a couple of months ago some of my downloads will stop and say download pending. No idea way. I did clear data and catch. I tried other browsers like uc browser, cm browser and apps like advance download manager. The files would try to retry but it didn't work. I also notice in chrome is when try to sign up for tweeter or go from on table to the next and come back tab would do a fresh. Example when sign up for tweeter or sites I use sites that have disposal email because I us it usually get spam. I would open a new tab to copy and paste the disposal or check the email but when I come back to the tweeter tab the page is fresh and I can't sign up. Sorry I can't explain things probably. When trying to sign up for tweeter on chrome browser I got a message saying I violatwd something. I used signup never used it. This happened many times. I would sign up with a disposal email and within minutes be banbed saying suspicious activity. Please help. Thank you.

Stopped connecting to TV help....

so I bought a Sandstrom USB type c to HDMI adaptor to link my HTC 10 up to the TV, got it out the package and plugged it all in, didn't work. I then tried it on a TV upstairs and it worked straight away, brought it back down and tried again on original TV, was working fine, no issues at all. Watched a film, unplugged to charge phone, next time I plugged it in it worked no problems for all of around 5 minutes, then it went off and stopped displaying on the TV. Since then I've been unable to get it working. I've only used the adapted twice so am slightly confused as to what happened. The phone registers it when it's plugged in but doesn't register it as video out onto the TV. Is there a knack to these things, could it be an issue with a setting on my phone or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm at a complete loss.

• Poll
[ROM]-Microsoft Windows 10 Mobile Nexus 6 (shamu) v1809 Build 17763.529 Released: 5/23/19

Choose your android version we should use?

• v8.1.0 (CM15.1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • v7.1.2 (CM14.1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • v9 (CM16.0)

Votes: 1 100.0%

Welcome to:
images

WINDOWS 10™ Mobile

Window®10 Mobile is an all new OS built for productivity, take your work and business on-the-go without worrying about if your ever gonna get home to get things done, Theirs so many things you can do such as translating a foreign language to another person, view/edit/create documents, view your Xbox Friends, remote desktop your pc and much more. Why not take the work with you and never be late on your next project ever again. This OS can also be used for daily tasks and with our innovative desktop you can organize how apps look and are sorted!

Features:

• Built-In Official Microsoft Applications.

• Work on the go with Microsoft Office,Note etc.

• Unique Official Microsoft Home Launcher.

• Remote Desktop your PC to your phone

• Microsoft Translator Built in and much more.

NOTICE: We have spent days/weeks building this OS, we understand logging into your personal google account is important and having the play store installed is also important, however we want to inform you before you install this OS is that if your planning to install gapps and integrate Google Apps, here is an important notice: DO NOT INSTALL GAPPS BEYOND "PICO" reason for this is the OS take aproximately 1.37GB of the /system partitions and leave a very small amount for the pico gapps and other mods such as busybox, if you attempt to install gapps beyond what we said you may or may not receive a install abort error: not enough space and we will not accommodate for newer gapps versions!

Download: https://mega.nz/#F!AVojCS6J!AJVGk4CzBrRMkoextoefuA
Reactions: ocnbrze

Ways to identify if phone has been hacked/cloned?

I'm looking for some folks that really know their stuff. I've been having some odd issues going on for the last few months. Myself and a family member (that the odd happenings were going on with first actually) seem to be getting our data cut off at times when neither of us is near our data limits. Seems to happen most when we try to contact each other. The family's member's phone has shown strong signs of being cloned such as shutting down unexpectedly, phone gets hot suddenly, etc. I can be out for a good part of the day and be on data and when I come home and connect to my wifi automatically, I get flooded with notifications. Delayed texts (hours old) and emails. My Facebook has been showing my make and model on my logins but they were out of state and had different IP addresses. When I log them out, it also boots me off. I no longer am receiving codes to my phone for things such as 2 step authentication, as if they are going to another phone. I used to use Texta until I noticed where you go to uninstall updates it said "uninstall for all users" so that was a red flag. I should be the only user of the phone. I was interested a few months back in switching to Total Wireless and put my IMEI number on their site and chatted with a rep and they said all I needed was a new SIM card and it could be swapped over. Fast forward to after these suspicious logins and weirdness, I have since tried to change carriers and when they run my IMEI they now say I'm not compatible. I googled my cell number and it shows my carrier as SPRINT SPECTRUM LP which has nothing to do with TracFone or Straight Talk to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) and when I research that it shows something to do with law enforcement? Is it possible someone has cloned my IMEI and they're getting all my data and notifications before I do? I know I have done nothing to worry about, it's more of an annoyance than anything. But I cannot afford to miss important notifications or calls/texts and I'd hate to get rid of this phone I haven't had even a year and spent a good bit on (to me anyway) and change my number which will be a hassle. Nor do I want to wipe my phone due to having a lot of important things on it since I've started tracking all of this strange stuff. I also would like to add that when I used Find My Device, with it right in my hand, it wasn't able to find it, and said remote location turned off, when my location was on. That's never happened before. This really is a small portion of my story, despite my novel. Sorry for that by the way....lol....

Anyone out there with some knowledge on cloning and anything to do with the topic of being traced? Thanks in advance.

Help Oreo 8.1.0 without notification dots/badges

I was fond of the badges of some previous versions, they were big enough for me to see and had numbers to show how many stuff to check on.

With 8.1.0 they said it is notification dots. Well, now I see no badge, no number... and no dot!

I have notifications and notification dots set to all apps, but all I get is the usual notification bar behavior to see when new things arrive.

Is there something wrong with Oreo 8.1.0, my settings, or is it my old Moto G4 Plus?

FYI I use Nova Launcher (free version).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones

Filter