• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Theme] REVOlution for Droid X Froyo 2.2 R2 (9/14/2010)

You'll want to take it one step further - press download for the FlyX v0.1 and then it should ask you if you want to download Swype as well, with a checkbox. It should ask you to backup up your current ROM and wipe data/cache. I think you'll be fine not wiping the data/cache, but you may want to backup your current ROM if you haven't.

Let's see if D13 or someone else can chime in on this first before we go any further, but I believe this will get you swype back, without losing any of your apps/data.

Upvote 0
Ok so all I have to do is make a folder on the root of my sd card named "icons" and then press and hold on the home page of the droid and change it?

And just for clarifications, we are talking about the 5 icons on the very bottom of fab's screenshots and not the icons "gmail, camera, talk, and battery monitor" right above them?

Upvote 0
Ok so all I have to do is make a folder on the root of my sd card named "icons" and then press and hold on the home page of the droid and change it?

And just for clarifications, we are talking about the 5 icons on the very bottom of fab's screenshots and not the icons "gmail, camera, talk, and battery monitor" right above them?

Yup

Long-press on the dock icon->change icon->custom icon->folders->choose the correct folder (LP_Icons if you left it the same as in the zip file)

Upvote 0
You do have LauncherPro, right?

You can change any of those bottom shortcuts by long pressing them. You can then select which application you want to launch. After that, it'll prompt you if you want to use the default icon, or a custom one.

If you choose custom, it'll bring up your gallery for you to choose an image. So just remember where you put the images from the goodies file, and you can set them as your shortcuts.

Then, repeat for the rest of the icons.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I kind of feel like an idiot. I have launcherpro and it works because when i run it, i see alot of icons and docks. But when im at the home page on my droid and i long click on either the "phone, application window thing, or the contacts" at the very bottom, it does nothing.

That's right. You will replace your home app with LauncherPro.

Don't look back :)

Upvote 0
Im sorry, but I dont think I explained my situation correctly. So ill try to explain a little better

So far i have loaded the predeodexed and rooted 2.2 from your post with Droidxboot.

Then i installed the revolution theme, then revolution font (side questions: is there a diffrent between regular revolution and the R2?)

And now i am trying to get the bottom of my phone to look exactly like yours with the words. I know i have the pictures for the icons already cause ive seen them. I also downloaded and installed launcherpro.

So basicly were the problem comes in is, when i try to do the long click on the dock icon, it just vibrates and nothing comes up to where i can change it. For no confusing i am pressing the middle one

Motorola+DROID+X+Android+Phone+image1.JPG

I have also put on the root of my sd card a icon folder with the icons and docks from ur goodies package.

Once agian, I am real sorry, if i am starting to become a annoyance.

Upvote 0
LOL no i did not...hmmm seems like we found the problem...

BTW, im having trouble installing the fb app to for revolution theme. i put the zip files on the root of my sd card and use droidxboot to do boot recovery and then i do "install zip from sd card", "choose zip from sdcard", then finally "facebook.apk.zip". Then i get this:

-- Installing:SDCARD:Facebook.apk.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...

and it just stays there

Upvote 0
Where did you get that facebook zip file? I'm thinking it might even be just an apk file renamed with a .zip at the end for other purposes. Can you try placing that facebook.apk file (remove the zip) in your download folder on your root of the SD card?

You can then install it by using Astro from the market and looking in the download folder.

Upvote 0
It's not even renamed, but for some strange reason, sometimes when you download .apks, the browser appends a .zip behind them.

Just remove .zip from the extension and then you can install with Astro or Files.

BTW, I knew that you were stuck on the Blur launcher, makes my last comment make more sense huh :). Just make sure to set LP as the default so Blur doesn't get in the way anymore.

Upvote 0
Ok thanks I think I got everything figured out but one thing.

ever since I been running revolution, i have been using a txting app called handsent.

The problem that i have is that, i literally get two txt's (duplicates) instead of one while using handsent. I thought this may be due to a error or something so i unistalled and reinstalled and still had the same problem. Then i got fed up and just uninstalled handsent so i could just use the one that came with revolution. But the problem still arised.

But then a little bit of light decided to taunt me. I took out the battery and put it back in, and asked someone to txt me. They did and i opened with the txt that revolution came with and BOOM just one txt. But then the next txt the same problem came up.

Can anyone help please?

Upvote 0
LOL no i did not...hmmm seems like we found the problem...

BTW, im having trouble installing the fb app to for revolution theme. i put the zip files on the root of my sd card and use droidxboot to do boot recovery and then i do "install zip from sd card", "choose zip from sdcard", then finally "facebook.apk.zip". Then i get this:

-- Installing:SDCARD:Facebook.apk.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...

and it just stays there

What causes this? I've seen this when trying to apply an update.zip in clockworkmod recovery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones