• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well the majority of Xperia users prefer to do it the natural way, so I am doing this to keep everyone informed. Just because you prefer to do it your way, doesn't mean everyone else does ;)

Hey i'm only saying there is always a way to do things :) i agree that it's awesome to have info here all ready don't take it the wrong way but it's just me, i like the feel free and unrestricted in everything i do and so far there is always a way to get out of the "garden"

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I'm new this forum. I bought the Sony Xperia X10 today but can't figure out how to take pictures with flash. I see the flash but how do you make it show up when you want to take pictures. I did some research and saw somewhere people were saying X10 has no flash? is that right? would the 2.1 update add flash?

Thanks advance

you have to turn the flash on take the pic then flash off :)
i don't think 2.1 will fix this maybe 2.1x will

Upvote 0
I honestly don't think they NEED to - i think 2.2 will be reserved for the big announcement they supposedly have for sometime Q4

Although that may have been the 16m Pixel cybershot phone that went up in japan yesterday - fatal flaw with that, its using SE's own OS - FAIL!!

Though i think the announcement will be either a new 2.2 OS phone, or possibly a 3.0 for next year

Which suits me as i'm due an upgrade from my carrier mid February

Upvote 0
I honestly don't think they NEED to - i think 2.2 will be reserved for the big announcement they supposedly have for sometime Q4

Although that may have been the 16m Pixel cybershot phone that went up in japan yesterday - fatal flaw with that, its using SE's own OS - FAIL!!

Though i think the announcement will be either a new 2.2 OS phone, or possibly a 3.0 for next year

Which suits me as i'm due an upgrade from my carrier mid February

Unlucky for me, I only upgraded a month ago so I have 17 months left :(

Upvote 0
Not to be this week's "that guy", but I heard through a pretty good contact in Rogers Canada that the 2.1 update will be this week or next week. So before Nov 1st. Sorry no specifics, but here's hoping.:rolleyes:

I also heard that Rogers won't be releasing the update until the end of November, early December... no one really knows.

When contacting Rogers on twitter I got this response:

@kylerickson I don't have any info on that, Kyle. When we have info you'll hear about it on Redboard or @rogersbuzz.

Upvote 0
Update for Canada (if you can call it an update considering this is what we've been figuring all along):

Via Sony Ericsson (SonyEricssonCA) on Twitter

"wish we could be more specific - unfortunately all we can say is November for the 2.1 upgrade for the X10." (about 20 hours ago)

"Exciting news! 2.1 upgrade for the #X10 will be available in Canada in November!" (9:17 AM Oct 26th)

Upvote 0
SE just tweeted the very annoyingly honest and ambigous message:

Sony Ericsson UK (SonyEricssonUK) on Twitter

"Hi everyone, we know you’re anxious to hear about the upgrade and we hope to make an announcement very soon."

and now says:

Hi everyone. We know how frustrating it is and we hear you. We are finalising details of the update right now and will have news very soon.

how soon is very soon also
how soon is very soon in sony ericsson's eyes?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones