• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

It depends.Some apps will start immediately after killing.Others won't. Generally speaking,if the app is something you downloaded(not a system app)you could probably kill it & be OK,maybe even save a bit of battery & memory.But,for the most part,if its a system app,you're probably better off just letting it run.Most system apps don't consume too many resources & are usually needed to keep system operations running smoothly(email,market,etc......).

Upvote 0
Just recently rooted my phone and noticed that I can force stop the root user app. Should I do it? I doubt it. Also noticed that if I enter the root user app I can Deny Forget or Cancel. I'm thinking that Deny turns root off. Forget takes root access away and cancel exits the app. Titanium backup also has an app choice there. Should I leave the root access on always or should I turn it off?

Upvote 0
Ahahaha .. Dnt act like u dnt lyk it :p

Well so now ...
My phnz 3g aint wrkn ... N iv tryed everything I can think of ta fix it ... 911! Lol
Hmm, are you using juice defender or anything like that? You probably already tried rebooting, pulling battery, etc. Have you called cricket to see if they are having network problems? Is it just 3g or no 1x or internet at all?

Upvote 0
Hmm, are you using juice defender or anything like that? You probably already tried rebooting, pulling battery, etc. Have you called cricket to see if they are having network problems? Is it just 3g or no 1x or internet at all?

Yes talked ta cricket .. No probs... I have bars in 3g and 1x in the box in the notification bar (next to the batt icon).. But the actual 3g icon is supposed to be in the notification bar nxt to that box is not showing up

And NO internet / market / or mms.. But my gmail will sync when sync data is on ONLY sms and calls work

Upvote 0
Ok I've had this phone for just hours and every time I try to download an app it says download unsuccessful. How do I fix it? Trying not to regret trading in my blackberry :/

You have a solid 3g or WiFi connection? Because a briefly dropped connection can screw up the app.

Also, you might wait until tomorrow to try again. Sometimes it can take a while for the system to get everything straight. Make sure your Google acct is set up properly, get a good night's sleep, and try again. I've read about some folks taking 24 hours or so to get in the system. And make sure you have the right phone plan.

Upvote 0
Yes talked ta cricket .. No probs... I have bars in 3g and 1x in the box in the notification bar (next to the batt icon).. But the actual 3g icon is supposed to be in the notification bar nxt to that box is not showing up

And NO internet / market / or mms.. But my gmail will sync when sync data is on ONLY sms and calls work
Sorry, can't really think of anything. :(You recently rooted, right? Maybe try un rooting and turn the phone off and on. You tried turning airplane mode on and off? Any recent apps you could delete that might be causing problems? If nothing else works, it could be a hardware issue. Make them give you a new phone under the 1 year warrantee. I would try starting a new thread about this so more people will see it. Maybe someone else will have some better ideas. Good luck and keep us posted.

Upvote 0
Thx kolio n gmash... But umm now im having issues with makin calls ... I cant call using contacts menu or manual dialing... But I can call out with using the call button in go sms.. And iv been able to receive one call ... I cant even dial *228 without it fc.. Do I have to reset phone again? I was able to make calls fine up until this morning whn I woke up ( did factory reset like 2 nights ago)

Upvote 0
It's been pretty good so far but I haven't really messed with it much cuz i dont wanna screw it up again.... but Ive otice that ow I no longer have the android market in the menu or anywhere I was curious how to get that back....

Also, I have a friend who also has the ascend with just stock... and yet she can run anything without using wifi but i cant run anything at all without it and it's very irratating... when I try to upgrade to the cricket android plan it says my phone wont go up to the android plan.... is there something I can download or something so i can run apps and stuff on my mobile internet or am I just S.O.L?

I also noticed that my internet doesn't work without wifi now that i switched to cm7...

Upvote 0
Thx kolio n gmash... But umm now im having issues with makin calls ... I cant call using contacts menu or manual dialing... But I can call out with using the call button in go sms.. And iv been able to receive one call ... I cant even dial *228 without it fc.. Do I have to reset phone again? I was able to make calls fine up until this morning whn I woke up ( did factory reset like 2 nights ago)
You could try another reset, but you've been having so much trouble with that phone lately, I would try to make Cricket give you a new one. It's strange, it seems like you started having problems after you rooted it, after having waited all this time. It shouldn't have anything to do with it, just a weird coincidence.

Upvote 0
You could try another reset, but you've been having so much trouble with that phone lately, I would try to make Cricket give you a new one. It's strange, it seems like you started having problems after you rooted it, after having waited all this time. It shouldn't have anything to do with it, just a weird coincidence.

Ya i know .. thats wat i was thinkin!! but anyways iv done another reset and everything is ok for now .. but i havent even put ne thing back on expect for contacts lol .. just in case but this time i did overclock (which i never did before) so keep your fingers crossed for me lol.. i think if its ok imma try a rom soon but too many ppl say CM7 is giving them issues so im thinkin of stayin away but then again it prolly wont be any worse than wats goin on now rite?? ha ha but umm wats the point of icarius?.. cuz isnt it 2.1 still?

Upvote 0
Okay, I have an Evo that's on Cricket and the internet doesn't want to work...How can I fix this? This is probably a stupid question and Idk it this would belong here. But can anyone please help me. I would really appreciate it. Oh, and if I can possible fix this with out using the qpst programs cause I have a Windows 7 computer and it won't even download it...so any manual or basic stuff please help...Thank You again.

Upvote 0
Q1: 'Use Quick GPS' (in the location & security settings)
-What does this do exactly?
(warning appears if clicked)
"Use gps Satellites - Allow gps to use XTRA data enhanced standalone performance. Data traffic cost will incur."
-Will it incur this cost even on MPCS?

Q2: 'USB debugging' or 'Allow mock locations' (in application settings: development)
-What is the general use of these?

Q3: (random)
-Is there any way to completely disable 'voice dialing'?
Im having issues with it and my bt headset trying to call random stuff when I end a call and stuff -pocket dial- (issue only related to the voice dialer feature)

Upvote 0
Okay so I've done a factory present twice already and everything works fine now except both times I've done it the stock dialer stops working and will FC with a message sayin "the process Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" its always works fine after the present but the next day after i start getting those FC messages. Domestic anyone know why that may be happening?

Upvote 0
i have huawei ascend (metropcs) and when i make a call the signal bar goes away..i can hear the person im calling but they cant hear me..plz help:thinking:

Whn i calls mine goes to 1x.. but if your call connects then that sounds like it may be a microphone problem... have you tried using the ear phone that came with the phone to see if they could hear you that way or maybe a bluetooth?
If it is the microphone you can try to find a phone repair shop that can fix for $25 to $45 ... unless of course you have warranty ta get a new one

Reactions: KOLIO and obbat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones