• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got some questions? think they're stupid? POST 'EM HERE

Ya i know .. thats wat i was thinkin!! but anyways iv done another reset and everything is ok for now .. but i havent even put ne thing back on expect for contacts lol .. just in case but this time i did overclock (which i never did before) so keep your fingers crossed for me lol.. i think if its ok imma try a rom soon but too many ppl say CM7 is giving them issues so im thinkin of stayin away but then again it prolly wont be any worse than wats goin on now rite?? ha ha but umm wats the point of icarius?.. cuz isnt it 2.1 still?
Yep, Icarus is still 2.1, but it's been tweaked to make it faster and less bloated. It also has a custom apps2sd that lets you move all the apps to the sd card, even if they're not supposed to be able to. The hassle is you have to use a specific cwm to use it, and a lot of people have problems setting up the a2sd because they can't follow directions lol. You seem pretty handy with computers n stuff, you could probably do cm6 or 7 fairly easily, and if you have problems, you could always flash back to stock. You and your misbehavin' phone lol.

Reactions: Ashleyh06
Upvote 0
What is CM6 && CM7 specifically, Do I already have this on my ascend?? What is the difference between the two and is this different from the Phone Software Version, i.e., 2.1, 2.2, Icarus 1.1...

I have just upgraded to 2.2 enhanced w/ PlayfulGod's version of 2.2 and have rooted with Gingerbreak.

ALSO... are there only certain apps I can now move to my SD Card?? I haven't even dl'd half of my old apps and my phone memory is already running low. I was on Icarus 1.1...which definitely gave me much more memory as far as apps go.

Can I delete my SD partition on my 2.2 HA Android:?

PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

Upvote 0
i updated my android huawei metro pcs yesterday to 2.2 and now i keep getting texts from "502" with really random letters and numbers and idk what its from or how to stop it and frankly its really annoying. can anyone help?

Never heard of it. I would imagine with a bit of searching on the market you could find an app that blocks selected texts. Or use your google-fu to see if you can find out what it's all about. Or if you'd rather try to stop it at it's source, and it's automated, try texting back random, one word responses, like "Stop" "Quit" or "Unsubscribe".

Upvote 0
ok, here is my new problem with my Ascend (CM7 5?2011). My headset won't work unless I press the Mute button twice (mute then unmute). Anyone else have this issue?

p.s. I noticed on another thread that CM7 06242011 was out, does anyone have a live link to download it? prepaid.org is temporarily offline. thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Ok ... stupid question time.

I have a new HTC Incredible S phone (Bell Mobility - Canada is my carrier). I'm really impressed with the phone although it's really a small computer which has a phone. ;)

The only issue is it's terribly short of space. It has a 8 GB SD card but there is only 1.7 GB available on the SD card when I started looking at it. I put some songs, a video and I'm down to 700 MB remaining. On the internal phone storage there is 1 GB remaining.

So what's taking up all the space on the SD? I found the offendor. When I connected as a USB drive that something called J:\.data\navigator\Data\Maps which is over 4GB of maps that I don't need.

I tried clearing data for this app from the storage management and it doesn't show this cleared. Also when I at the application's use it only shows 384 MB (I'm assuming this is only the internal storage?)

May I just delete the maps or is the best thing just to remove the gps navigator application?

There is also a Navigation app that is a beta app from Google but I haven't accepted the agreement, and its not listed as an installed app.

Upvote 0
Hi WarningU2, this is the Huawei Ascend phone forum, but I'll try to give you some info for the htc.

If you dont use the google maps or navigation then it is more than (but not completely) likely that you can delete the map files. (may or may not help)

If that's not an option, then you may have some choices:

a.) buy a more spacious micro sd card (like a class 6 16gb micro sd)
b.) clear the catch or catches and/or do a factory reset
c.) or ... better choice, just root it

Incredible - All Things Root - Android Forums

Here's some additional reading that might provide more info for you.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...ssue-microsd-w-htc-incredible.html#post628807

http://androidforums.com/incredible...tc-mail-memory-leak-solution.html#post1144157

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...ial-htc-incredible-thread-585.html#post540778

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...ial-htc-incredible-thread-869.html#post603159

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...ial-htc-incredible-thread-871.html#post603760

http://androidforums.com/incredible...-no-root-required-froyo-only.html#post1491116

Anyways hope this was helpful.
Peace, Yo! From:JJdaCool :)

Upvote 0
hey guys i had a question about my phone.
i currently have huawei ascend on metro pcs with cm7 you know running perfectly flawless. but what i dont like is the metro pcs service. i was wondering if i can keep the ascend phone, but just switch over to sprint network. because i can join one of my cousins sprint plans and he calculated the final bill and its $58 a month unlimited internet and 1500 mins just landline, cell-cell is free.

so if i am only increasing my bill by $3 but getting WAY better coverage and faster data speeds why wouldnt i take that.

but yea i was wondering is it possible to switch over with the ascend, like does it meet the "qualifications" of sprint.

thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi I downloaded Opere Mini from the market and when I try to open it it says Unable to connect to the Internet. PLease check your settings.

My regular browser works and Opere Mobile works too. PLease respond back to help me fix this thanks

Did you check your settings within the OPERA MINI APP? If so,try rebooting your phone.If that doesn't work,.....

1) Uninstall & reinstall the app.If that doesn't work....

2) Download a new copy of OPERA MINI.

If you still experience issues,send the developer an email describing your issues.Most are very responsive & will address your issues in a reasonable amount of time.

Upvote 0
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
So there are a couple of apps on the market I would like to put on my phone, however under Permissions it lists change wi-fi and network connectivity as well as prevents phone from sleeping.

What exactly will allowing access to these mean for my phone? I tend to leave both my Wi-Fi and Data off as it kills the battery life of my phone way to quickly. Thanks!

Upvote 0
So there are a couple of apps on the market I would like to put on my phone, however under Permissions it lists change wi-fi and network connectivity as well as prevents phone from sleeping.

What exactly will allowing access to these mean for my phone? I tend to leave both my Wi-Fi and Data off as it kills the battery life of my phone way to quickly. Thanks!

What is the app in question,if you don't mind sharing that information w/us?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones