• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

So I've been using my phone for a couple months without spending any time on the desktop. Today, I spent all day on the damn thing. I may do something more with the dock background or change up the minimalistic text. Also, I may just take the circles off of the icons and have just white icons. I'm not sure which will look better.

screen1utbl.png
screen2dx.png

screen3re.png
screen4ka.png

Upvote 0
So I've been using my phone for a couple months without spending any time on the desktop. Today, I spent all day on the damn thing. I may do something more with the dock background or change up the minimalistic text. Also, I may just take the circles off of the icons and have just white icons. I'm not sure which will look better.

screen1utbl.png
screen2dx.png

screen3re.png
screen4ka.png

I really like the background. My opinion is that the icons would look better without the circle and dulled a little. The bright white is more of a distraction than anything. If they didn't stand out so much it would look very classic

Upvote 0
There was talk of unsatisfactory hot dude contributions, so I figured it was time for my first contribution - in honor of TB season 4. I think the lock came out nice :)
tbmelissapugslock.png

Really unsatisfied with Minimalistic Text widgets on the homescreens - it was harder than I thought to dupe neon light, so I pronounced this one a flatliner. Will make something less 'Miami Vice' and more Southern Goth tomorrow.
tbmelissapugsscreen.png

Upvote 0
Long story short, "new" phone , new ROM and this is what i am using for the moment but subject to change REAL soon, cos I have a bunch of new Niteowl icons I need to play with.

ClockQ, ExtDateWidgetXL, Beautiful Weather, MNML text/BattStat,, Launcherpro+ dock icons, Wind games Icon/circle launcher, Gemini calendar,

screen_7_9_11.png
[/IMG]
snap20110709_065022.png
[/IMG]

Upvote 0
Long story short, "new" phone , new ROM and this is what i am using for the moment but subject to change REAL soon, cos I have a bunch of new Niteowl icons I need to play with.

ClockQ, ExtDateWidgetXL, Beautiful Weather, MNML text/BattStat,, Launcherpro+ dock icons, Wind games Icon/circle launcher, Gemini calendar

Love that wallpaper....share please?

Upvote 0
Love it!!! Question - how do you get the custom icons on the lock screens? I'm kind of new to doing this and love looking at everyone's stuff.
Thanks!
Custom icons on lockscreens... I use Widgetlocker. When in toolmode longpress screen and choose options like you would for anyscreen. Did that make any sense? I always second guess myself when trying to help someone, always wondering if i am explaining it correctly or clearly . LOL

Upvote 0
Thanks!
Custom icons on lockscreens... I use Widgetlocker. When in toolmode longpress screen and choose options like you would for anyscreen. Did that make any sense? I always second guess myself when trying to help someone, always wondering if i am explaining it correctly or clearly . LOL

That makes sense - I probably didn't ask properly though - I can put the icons on for programs - my problem is that I can't change the icon (kind of like you do in LauncherPro where they give the option to change the icon of the program). Does that make more sense?

Upvote 0
That makes sense - I probably didn't ask properly though - I can put the icons on for programs - my problem is that I can't change the icon (kind of like you do in LauncherPro where they give the option to change the icon of the program). Does that make more sense?

Sounds like you need Desktop Visualizer. You can set a space for an icon , choose from any icon you have , then assign it to whatever app you want it to open .

Are we getting close ? LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones