• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rezound $49.99 @ Costco.com !!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

$49 + $56 (taxes and fees) total $107

Still a good deal but now I'm tempted to wait for an Amazon sale. Anyone know if Amazon charges these same fees?

EDIT:

Just checked and Amazon does not charge (taxes and fees) Most likely because Costco is based in California (where I live) and Amazon is not
Should I wait for the Nexus or pull the rezound trigger??
hehe

Upvote 0

Still a good deal but now I'm tempted to wait for an Amazon sale. Anyone know if Amazon charges these same fees?

EDIT:

Just checked and Amazon does not charge (taxes and fees) Most likely because Costco is based in California (where I live) and Amazon is not
hehe

Got mine for $49.99 + $3 (taxes and fees) total $52.99 in Michigan:)

Upvote 0
I just wanted to verify again that if you purchase on Costco.com you can still keep your unlimited data plan even though they force you to select one of the current data plans when purchasing. I'd hate to lose my grandfathered unlimited plan. Has anybody actually went thru the upgrade *and* verified that their unlimited plan was unchanged?

I've not purchased from Costco but I upgraded my wife from and Inc to an Inc2 this morn at Walmart. It showed on the agreement they handed me that I selected the $30/2GB plan after I told her very specifically that I wanted to keep the unlimited plan. I FLIPPED! The girl says "It just says that but as long as you had unlimited you'll keep it." I said, "Whatever, I'm calling customer service." So while I stand there holding up the electronics line at Walmart on Black Friday, I get a rep who confirms that as long as you have unlimited, it will stay unlimited regardless what they click.
<insert pic of me blushing while angry customers and employees stare>
I got home after activating it and checked online and it still says unlimited.

Upvote 0

EDIT:

hehe

:thinking: I just ordered mine, and it came to about $53.00 and change with tax and free shipping. how in the heck did it cost you an additional $56.00 in Taxes and fees? by the way, Costco is based out of Seattle, and they use Wireless Advocates to sell their phones, who is also based out of Seattle.

Upvote 0
I've not purchased from Costco but I upgraded my wife from and Inc to an Inc2 this morn at Walmart. It showed on the agreement they handed me that I selected the $30/2GB plan after I told her very specifically that I wanted to keep the unlimited plan. I FLIPPED! The girl says "It just says that but as long as you had unlimited you'll keep it." I said, "Whatever, I'm calling customer service." So while I stand there holding up the electronics line at Walmart on Black Friday, I get a rep who confirms that as long as you have unlimited, it will stay unlimited regardless what they click.
<insert pic of me blushing while angry customers and employees stare>
I got home after activating it and checked online and it still says unlimited.

:( Sorry Amigo, but they're BS'ing you... When we print new contracts it clearly says unlimited Data $30.00

Upvote 0
Jumped on this. I was an OG Droid launch day buyer, so I've been out of contract for about a month, and was eligible for an upgrade four months before that. I've been very patient. First I was waiting on the droid 3, then the bionic, then the RAZR, and now the gnex. Tired of waiting, and this deal just removed any more excuses I had for holding out.

Reactions: Puchkey
Upvote 0
I tried to take advanage of this great deal but because my phone is part of the business account they told me they can't process my request. What kind of bs is that.
I called verizon customer support because the business office is closed. The kind csr tried to help me with an upgrade or a discount on an upgrade but told me I would have to try back on monday morning when the verizon business office is open again.
The csr told me that she would put notes in the account describing what it was I was trying to do and told me that they would probably be able to help me on monday morning. But I'm not holding out hope.
Is anybody ran into this and if so does anybody have anything that can help meto?

Upvote 0
:eek: ARRRRRGGGGG!!!! I am so sick of hearing people claiming Costco sells refurbished phones!!! It's a absolute lie!!!! It was created by some idiot who couldn't compete on prices!!! Also, please explain how a store can get their hands on refurbished phones day 1 of it's launching???

Ummmmmm...ShanDroyd? R u ok? It would appear that Verizon has enraged you. At least I hope that was directed to Verizon and not me :eek:!!! Im QUITE sure Verizon would have said ANYTHING to get me to keep the phone I had purchased from them and not buy it elsewhere, but as for me I genuinely didnt know. At any rate, I returned my phone today and purchased from Costco online. I even got Verizon to waive the $35.00 restocking fee once I activate the new Rezound (once I suggested that another company might be willing to pay me $35.00 to leave Verizon lol). My mom even got one! Now we just have to wait on those suckers to get here and as Im sure everyone in this forum knows, thats the hardest part!

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Jumped on this. I was an OG Droid launch day buyer, so I've been out of contract for about a month, and was eligible for an upgrade four months before that. I've been very patient. First I was waiting on the droid 3, then the bionic, then the RAZR, and now the gnex. Tired of waiting, and this deal just removed any more excuses I had for holding out.

Any issues w keeping your unlimited data? Anyone else can 100% confirm this for themselves?

Upvote 0
:thinking: I just ordered mine, and it came to about $53.00 and change with tax and free shipping. how in the heck did it cost you an additional $56.00 in Taxes and fees? by the way, Costco is based out of Seattle, and they use Wireless Advocates to sell their phones, who is also based out of Seattle.

Probably because California is a horrible place to live (tax wise). Don't even get me started lol.

According to Costco online FAQ I found this
Due to California state law, taxes are applied on the Cost of Goods sold, and not the retail or net price.

Costco has physical stores located in California, so the law applies. Amazon does not.

Upvote 0

EDIT:

hehe

Coming from an iPhone 4, there is no way I will ever choose a phone that doesn't have a removable sdhc card. If that isn't an issue then the Nexus is a viable option.

The LCD screen is amazing so I can't imagine the nexus could be much better if any at all. Bigger yes but the Rezound is at my limit of being able to use with one hand. Other than that there are a few differences but again for me the lack of sdhc card is a deal breaker for me.

Today, I bought the extended battery, case/holster, screen protectors and car mount. It didn't ring with the "buy 4 get 30% off" deal because the
extended battery was excluded. I politely complained and told them I didn't expect an additional discount on the battery but it should count towards the number of items. The manager approved it.

The store salesman first told me that they didn't have the buy three discount and that it was buy 5 get 30% then another person said no it's buy 3 get 25%, buy 4 get 30%. Go figure, their incompetent. I don't get people that don't own their job but any way...

The case/holster was the only case I could find that fit the extended battery. While not perfect, I recommend it if you like to use a belt clip. the case with extended battery fits my hand perfect. As an example, going from the iPhone 4 to using the iPod 4th gen, the iPod feels too thin with little to grip. I prefer a handheld device to be just bulky enough to it stay securely in my hand.

The car mount is simple and does a nice job. You will need your own power cord and the one that comes with the phone won't work. It has to be a true micro USB cable. I have plenty of USB car adapters so I bought a 3' $1.50 cable from Monoprice along with other goodies, 6' cabe and the MHL adapter. Monopice has lots of inexpensive extras. I heard about them here btw. With the car mount, you will still use the phone audio plug to connect to your car receiver. All together $83.96 +tax.

Just so I'm clear, this phone blows the iPhone 4 away. I was able to connect to my DLNA home network and stream music in less than a minute. Beat that Apple. I mean, what the hell were they thinking. no 4G. That has to be one of the dumbest moves.

Attachments

• carmount.jpg
    carmount.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 81
  • carmountback.jpg
    carmountback.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 68
  • HTC Hand.JPG
    HTC Hand.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 79
  • htchand.JPG
    htchand.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: ShanDroyd
Upvote 0
Any issues w keeping your unlimited data? Anyone else can 100% confirm this for themselves?

I'm trusting the word of folks here as well as slickdeals.net that I'll be able to work this out prior to activation. If I can't get a guarantee from vzw that I can keep my plan then I just won't activate the phone and return it. Either way I'll report back when I get there. Free next day shipping (unreal!) should get it here Monday.

Upvote 0
Just got off the phone with a very nice Verizon rep. He was extremely helpful; however, they cannot price match as Costco purchase directly from HTC and works deals with them.

He told me that if I took it back to a direct Verizon store (not just a retailer) they could reset my contract right away.

Now I'm getting cold feet again because I read above that you need to be 22 months into your contract. I reset my contract when I purchased my rezound.

Has anyone tried this yet?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
I'm so torn on this and can't decide. But I think by the end of the day, I'll will jump on this. When this phone does get upgraded to ICS, the only other thing it's lacking over the GN is the NFC chip. I also think the Rezound's camera is overall going to be better than the GN camera. The GN just has the ICS software advantage.

Upvote 0
Uh oh....the Rezound is no longer listed anyware on the website. On the phone now to see.....

EDIT: I've been on hold for 35 minutes now. Poor customer service and I'll hang up at the 45 minute mark.

EDIT: THEY ARE SOLD OUT FOLKS!!!! SHE DID SAY THE SELL RUNS THRU SUNDAY SHOULD THEY GET MORE IN STOCK AND TO CHECK BACK. HOWEVER, IT'S FRIDAY AND THAT'S DOUBTFUL THEY'D GET A SHIPMENT ON THE WEEKEND.

ALSO, I ASKED HER ABOUT THE UNLIMITED DATA PLAN SITUATION. SHE SAID, SELECT THE PLAN IN THE ORDERING PROCESS AND THEN TO SIMPLY CALL THEM ON THE PHONE TO LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR EXISTING UNLIMITED DATA PLAN.

Reactions: soccermom17540
Upvote 0
Good news, I got it!!! :D

I was initially denied, as my primary family plan line isn't eligible (isn't 22mo+ into a contract), but specifying a different cell # on my plan worked. I also needed to set Firefox to accept 3rd party cookies (only relevant if you've turned 'em off).

Cust svc finally picked up right as I submitted the order and confirmed that it did go through and that:

1. The phone arrives unactivated and can be activated by VZW on any line in the account
  2. Yes, if you were Unlimited beforehand then you will still be afterward, even though you're forced to select from a list of plans that doesn't mention Unlimited
  3. The system will accept tentative orders despite being out of stock and they'll be confirmed in order depending on how many previous orders turn out not to have qualifying VZW accounts. This didn't make much sense to me, but that's what she said.

Reactions: denmalley
Upvote 0
[*]The system will accept tentative orders despite being out of stock and they'll be confirmed in order depending on how many previous orders turn out not to have qualifying VZW accounts. This didn't make much sense to me, but that's what she said.
[/LIST]

If you've waited to late in the day like myself, you can no longer attempt to order it. It's been removed from the website.

Upvote 0
Good news, I got it!!! :D

I was initially denied, as my primary family plan line isn't eligible (isn't 22mo+ into a contract), but specifying a different cell # on my plan worked. I also needed to set Firefox to accept 3rd party cookies (only relevant if you've turned 'em off).

Cust svc finally picked up right as I submitted the order and confirmed that it did go through and that:

1. The phone arrives unactivated and can be activated by VZW on any line in the account
  2. Yes, if you were Unlimited beforehand then you will still be afterward, even though you're forced to select from a list of plans that doesn't mention Unlimited
  3. The system will accept tentative orders despite being out of stock and they'll be confirmed in order depending on how many previous orders turn out not to have qualifying VZW accounts. This didn't make much sense to me, but that's what she said.

Even though you select keep existing plan it still requires a data selection, did you just select the default (top) one?

Upvote 0
Even though you select keep existing plan it still requires a data selection, did you just select the default (top) one?

I selected the $30/4GB plan (because that's what I'd want if my unlimited got trashed somehow), but I don't think it matters. In any case it's worth checking w/VZW or looking in your MyVerizon account online to verify after the phone's been activated on your line.

Reactions: clipperqb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones