• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Pre-order, Release date, and speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster, just thought I'd share in the hopes it'd help ease some anxiety.

Pre-order date: June 8, 2012 at 4:41pm eastern
Pre-order method: Phone
Color: Pebble Blue
Size: 32 gig
Order Location: DC

I just saw tonight I had a pending charge. As I saw there were a few horror stories of the credit card company declining the charge due to fraud alerts I'll be calling my CC company shortly to let them know it's legit. I already called and spoke with a rep to tell them to expect an unusual charge and also did the automated thing where I put in how much to expect the charge to be.

I've got a healthy dose of paranoia.

No fedex number yet, but it doesn't matter since I'm leaving tomorrow morning early on business and won't be back in town until Tuesday anyways.

Upvote 0
For those if you that are like grossie and have CC charged, status changed, but no FedEx tracking number yet:

OK this might work, it might not. The reference number Verizon is using for the shipments is based on the Order location and Order number (NOT the preorder number).

Go to Verizon Status with your preorder number (or look at you order confirmation email the day you ordered).
Get the Order Location and Order Number

Go to FedEx.com Track by Reference page.

Leave Account number blank

For reference number try:
LLLLLLL_00NNNNNNN where the Ls are your Order Location, then underscore and 2 zeros, and the Ns are the Order Number. My order number was 7 digits. If your's was 6 you might try adding another zero and try again.

Fill in Destination country and Destination zip code.

Let me know if this works, or if I'm just wasting your time.

SWEEEEEET! That totally worked. Fedex shows my phone as arriving tomorrow by 3pm!!! YES! It's looking like I'm going to have it for the weekend so I can cuddle it, play with it, maybe root it :) (or maybe not).

I had to fill in with LLLLLLL_and add 2 more zeros because my order number is only 5 digits. It shows the correct destination with a delivery date of tomorrow.

Reactions: Doit2it
Upvote 0
Oh, this is bad. I just thought to check my FEDEX tracking update and it shows that it arrived at the Newark, NJ facility. This is the freakin' carjacking, knifehacking and Crypts/Bloods shooting Capital of this country.

Great! Just great! My 2 S3's may already have been stolen from the truck.

However, I do notice that it arrived at 10:40am so every crackhead in Newark is sleeping at that time. I just hope that the shipment doesn't leave at 2:00am because that's when the hood comes to life.

Why ddin't VW ship by UPS?

Upvote 0
Still no indication of this going to VZW? Kind of doubt it if VZW has the GN, right?
ht3.jpg
jh88.jpg
dh6.jpg
ht7.jpg
zamz2.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!! This has to be the best post in this thread, well maybe 2nd after the 1st report of phones shipping.

Upvote 0
If you want to track you SIII via your current phone tomorrow, there is a GREAT app called Parcels in the app store. You just select your carrier (FedEx, duh), then enter a title 'Galaxy S!!!' (yes, the ! was on purpose) and your tracking number. I use it all the time when I order stuff from Amazon, etc.

content___media_external_images_media_750.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm not feelin' no love here.....

But since I ordered on the 18th, I'm still trying to be patient. Not working too well, I have to admit. I'm going to be the last one on this thread, talking to myself.

Hey 2horses, You be sure to turn off the lights on your way out so we have enough energy to run the other threads. ;)

Upvote 0
Ordered online 6/6 about 9am, got the "your order has been sent for processing" email on 7/3 and nothing since. And the shipping date changed to 7/11 when i checked the order status after getting that email. Was really trying not to get annoyed but the completely random order fulfillment is pretty frustrating.I just did the meaningless OTA update for my incredible and the thing has been possessed ever since and isn't getting my emails which makes this all extra irritating.

Upvote 0
If you want to track you SIII via your current phone tomorrow, there is a GREAT app called Parcels in the app store. You just select your carrier (FedEx, duh), then enter a title 'Galaxy S!!!' (yes, the ! was on purpose) and your tracking number. I use it all the time when I order stuff from Amazon, etc.

Damn, you're only showin' 1 bar? Why aren't you on the other threads complaining. Or is it a 'Been there, Done that!'

Thanks for the App suggestion. Will load it in the morn.

Upvote 0

Hmmm.. did you order anything else with your GS3?? I see it weighs in @ 2 lbs. I ordered some screen protectors with my GS3 and my package is a whole 1 lb?

Anyone else with shipping info... what does your shipment weigh?

Upvote 0
First gripe however...no wifi toggle in drop down bar is true. Not going to kill me but it is kind of dumb.

Maybe Verizon did this on PURPOSE to encourage people to use their 4G network and use wifi less. Think about it, the more 4G data you use, the more money goes into Verizon's pockets! Verizon..."let's hide the wifi switch and maybe we'll have more customers go over their data limits...bawhahahaaaa!!!"

Upvote 0
Yes, and it was good news, very good news.

Yes!!!!!!! I finally called tech support... Then hit 4 then said check order status, then it said it had shipped, then it asked if I wanted my tracking number. I did so I said yes and then it texted it to me! Will be in my hometown in store tomorrow by 4:30.... I live 4 hrs away in Lubbock and will fly further away from there at 4 tomorrow... Guess I will get it Monday but I'm not complaining... Good luck everyone else!!!!!! Thanks for everyone's help!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones