• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with 4/1 for 2 reasons.

1) End of Q1 so they get all the can from Droid and Droid only
2) Beginning of Q2 so they can get the impact of the Incredible for an entire Q as well as the Bogo be a Droid. You never know....buy one Incredible, get a Droid free. :eek:

I guess, I mean the Eris is pretty much the same, senseUI so training is slim to none really but if there's no announcement or any news next week Mon-Wed then I bet it's going to be a May launch with 1 more month of wait for the Evo.

Upvote 0
New guy here but just talked to local VZ store inquiring about the Eris and he told me to wait till next month and they with have a new phone called the Incredible. Said it was alot like the Nexus1 but had a 8mp camera. Told me that Google and VZ have been fighting regarding selling the Nexus1 out of the VZ stores and that google will sell them instead.

Just thought is was interesting that he brought up the name!

Upvote 0
In short, vido.ardes, my parents and my wife have earned the right to talk down to me. You, sir, have not.

Ok, so I have just gotten back from dinner, so I am not so grumpy:mad:. While eating, I had some time to think and cool off...

Basically, I want to take the opportunity to publicly apologize to vido.ardes. I accused him of being condescending and my post was no less derisive than his. I was hypocritical and acted rashly. I understand the mods do what they do on their own time for no $$$, and I can understand why decisive action sometimes needs to be taken for the good of the thread and the people who frequent Android Forums. Even if his tone was IMO a bit too much, I am not justified in retaliation. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I really do enjoy reading posts here. I guess we all just need a new phone before we start biting one another's heads off - or in my case, a sandwich.:)

:eek:vido.ardes, if you are reading this, please accept my sincerest apologies.:eek:

Upvote 0
Long time, first time etc. Epic thread guys! Keep up the good work all.

The Incredible is the exact phone I want. Held off on the Droid in December and have been waiting for this phone since. This forum's helped pass the time (and also consuming my time reading!). Disappointed, as all of you, in the lack of news of late but....

my guess....April 17

Also, I have 3 Google Voice invites so send me a PM if you need one. Cheers!

....And invites are gone! That was fast! :)

Upvote 0
Okay, i've been out the whole day due to a competition and don't really want to go back like 20 pages and read everything.

So can someone sum up whats been posted that is really important and stuff, any official announcements etc.....

I hear about an April release date but is that just what everyone thinks its going to be released or someone told us?

Upvote 0
I no longer come to this forum to learn anything incredible related, it'll be out when it's out and there's not a damn thing I can do to change that. I come here to read MM's and Steve's posts and to interject when I can. I think that's the stance the insiders have taken as well. it's my belief that the phone was scheduled to come out at month's end but something happened. Verizon is trying to strategize the best time to release the INC with maximum exposure and CTIA wasn't it. I think that was due to the hype around the EVO and I guess that's ok. I stand by the fact that the phone will be amazing and a huge seller but something is holding verizon back.
I feel the same way man. I used to post alot in this thread exclusively, and spend countless hours looking for new "leaks".. but it has definitely turned into something else (for better or worse, I don't know). At this point, there really is only about 4-5 actual contributing members that have viable info. Everyone else (mostly the newcomers) are literally reposting videos/pictures/links that most of us have already seen and ripped apart from head to toe when they were first found weeks ago. Its like a never ending cycle of recycled news now. It really isn't that hard to make sure the info you "found" hasn't already been discussed several times prior, but people still don't bother. Then we have the people who swear by the Testman site, and have to let us know every few minutes that its down, when it is completely irrelevant and pointless. Lastly, the people who are posting that their local VZW said this and that. How many people have posted conflicting info against another VZW store? They probably know just as much as we do, and nothing more, so why bother? Sorry if I've gone off on a tangent.

Anyways, thanks for the info Kcoan. NKT(mid-april/early-may), Stericson(within 30 days), and now you have all threw around the mid-to-late-April release, so hopefully this time frame will actually become reality. If not, I'm just going to pretend the release date is in August (when the FCC filing confidentiality ends) and be "pleasantly surprised" when it releases early to avoid being constantly disappointed :rolleyes::(

Ok, back to lurking!:D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones