• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since there's been no real news today, I thought I'd mention what happened Monday when I went by the Verizon store closest to my dad. (I'm in Florida visiting him now before I go home to Georgia) ...

Talked with one of the reps there, she indicated that there could be a new Android based phone soon. I asked her about the new phone (referenced it as HTC Incredible and ADR6300VW) She could neither confirm nor deny.

Considering her inability to reveal the status of the new phone in a store filled with coworkers and customers, I asked her, "If you were me, would you get a Droid or would you wait for something better to come out soon?"

Her response, "Sit tight. I wouldn't get the droid right now."

I know that store folks are not always the most informed folks, but her responses seemed to indicate something good is coming soon.

Was kind of hesitant to post that, but I think given the slow news day, one more report of possible good news couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0
Since there's been no real news today, I thought I'd mention what happened Monday when I went by the Verizon store closest to my dad. (I'm in Florida visiting him now before I go home to Georgia) ...

Talked with one of the reps there, she indicated that there could be a new Android based phone soon. I asked her about the new phone (referenced it as HTC Incredible and ADR6300VW) She could neither confirm nor deny.

Considering her inability to reveal the status of the new phone in a store filled with coworkers and customers, I asked her, "If you were me, would you get a Droid or would you wait for something better to come out soon?"

Her response, "Sit tight. I wouldn't get the droid right now."

I know that store folks are not always the most informed folks, but her responses seemed to indicate something good is coming soon.

Was kind of hesitant to post that, but I think given the slow news day, one more report of possible good news couldn't hurt.

Others may burn your post since it isn't a "confirmation" but I appreciate the story, especially on a slow day like today.

Upvote 0
Others may burn your post since it isn't a "confirmation" but I appreciate the story, especially on a slow day like today.

I know I may get burned. I have the business card in front of me, however; I won't reveal what city the store was in nor will I reveal her name. Considering how paranoid VZW seems to be about releasing info, the last thing I want to do is cost someone a write-up or their job.

Basically, I appreciated her honest answer. Hope we all see something soon. Hope everyone understands ... if you want honest answers, sometimes you have to protect your sources (something you learn working around media.)

Upvote 0
No offense, but I think we're all getting tired of the "my friend/source said to hold tight because it's coming soon." It's been "coming soon" for several months now.

Hopefully people aren't scared away from posting useful bits of information because of comments like this. I think there are many people here who like these posts better than name guesses etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course :D

Upvote 0
Hopefully people aren't scared away from posting useful bits of information because of comments like this. I think there are many people here who like these posts better than name guesses etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course :D
Hahaha thats good..........we should actually do that, but make a different approach.

Be like, yea i have an HTC Incredible, they never told me a release date on this thing. After im done with it, i plan on getting everyone in my family one. Please let me know when you get a release date on this thing, it's been running great by the way, truly spectacular phone.

^Just something like that, feel free to tweak it up so it becomes 100% guaranteed to work :D

Upvote 0
You guys need a good laugh?
Call HTC support 866-449-8358

I told them I had an Incredible that I got from the CTIA and wanted a usermanual. The guy almost shit himself and immediately got his manager. They wanted the serial number, so if you guys call just know they all start with HT.

do that again except give them the number from one of the watermarked phone pics

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones