• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official HTC Incredible Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going through the same thing right now! I am the primary line (of 5 total phones on the Family plan - the other 4 are $9.99 added lines). They are telling me I cannot have the Incredible on this plan. I understood all I would have to do is add the $29.99 data plan, and I would be all set. Now they say I need to make one of my other phones the Primary phone (at the primary price), and then put my line on at an additional/upgraded plan. Makes no sense!

Call on the phone, BUT if you have a older family plan (i.e. America's choice), my understanding is their NOT letting people upgrade without moving to a current family plan (i.e. Nationwide)

So call be polite, explain that your a long time loyal customer, explain what you want to do and see what they can do for you...

Upvote 0
I was on the pre-order page last night and froze up, haha. Decided to go the fast route and wake up at 8am to drive and pick one up in person on the 29th.

Also, anyone else surprised at the reviews? Gizmodo stretching for negatives much? (Plasticky feel? Give me a break) And I was surprised Engadget spoke so highly of the Incredible, they usually only get that excited about Apple products.

Upvote 0
has anyone's online order been approved yet? Mine says: "
Order Status: Your order is awaiting approval or phone availability. Please check back in a few days."

I just placed my order online (1yr contract for $229.99) and my order status is just blank.

Verizon Wireless said:
Here is the status of your order.
Order Date: 04/19/2010
Order Number: 123456789
Order Status:

Check the status of another internet order.

Upvote 0
Happy birthday to me. Notice day and year :D

license.jpg

Two Questions: Didn't you post this before? Is that when you will be 21? :D I kidd I kidd

Upvote 0
Call on the phone, BUT if you have a older family plan (i.e. America's choice), my understanding is their NOT letting people upgrade without moving to a current family plan (i.e. Nationwide)

So call be polite, explain that your a long time loyal customer, explain what you want to do and see what they can do for you...

I am on a Nationwide Premium Family plan. I was now just told I will have to move to the new Nationwide Family Plan (not Premium), and am in the process of that now. It is only an additional $10.00. Hopefully I will be all set (am chatting live with VZW this very minute)

Upvote 0
I'm going through the same thing right now! I am the primary line (of 5 total phones on the Family plan - the other 4 are $9.99 added lines). They are telling me I cannot have the Incredible on this plan. I understood all I would have to do is add the $29.99 data plan, and I would be all set. Now they say I need to make one of my other phones the Primary phone (at the primary price), and then put my line on at an additional/upgraded plan. Makes no sense!

I would try calling in to VZW customer service. They seem to be able to do about anything they want to make your transition easier. I think they can customize your plan to fit your needs.:)

Upvote 0
Ahhh yes....just ordered mine. $199 and done. FYI, I know there was some talk about overnight shipping costs, etc.. I didn't have to do anything special, it said overnight was free and didn't mention anything about an activation fee (unless that kicks in once I activate). My total bill was $199.
Also, I confirmed the other day with a CSR that you can order the phone via an eligible line and activate on another. (my wife's phone is ready for upgrade, but my line isn't...so I stole her upgrade).
Why am I so excited about a new phone? I know it will be like every other time I've gotten a new phone and after the initial excitement, I will find enough wrong with it that I want to drop kick it out the window... ( I will of course NEVER admit there is anything wrong with it to any of the iPhone zealots I know )

Upvote 0
Look forward to more reviews and user tests to confirm or disprove the intitial issues reported:

1. Third party apps can not read the internal memory (what is the point?)
2. Battery life is less than Nexus and much less than Droid
3. Phonedog states the clock speed reported on several app speed tests was 667mhz
4. Call signal is weaker than Droid and not as steady (bar bouncing)

Upvote 0
Hey i have a quick question:

The different scenes you can setup for work play travel etc. Does each one of those give u 7 'pages' to customize, or does it just mean each of the 7 pages is a scene u can setup differently. Either way im fine but if u get 7 'pages' per scene, thats crazy lol.

Also vzw page says it will be delivered 4/29, So it arrives at your house the same time as the stores start selling it, thats pretty cool. Altho mine needs adding to works plan and my number porting from alltell so ill have to let vzw do all that. But the company is buying me the phone so i cant complain.

Upvote 0
Look forward to more reviews and user tests to confirm or disprove the intitial issues reported:

1. Third party apps can not read the internal memory (what is the point?)
2. Battery life is less than Nexus and much less than Droid
3. Phonedog states the clock speed reported on several app speed tests was 667mhz
4. Call signal is weaker than Droid and not as steady (bar bouncing)

God, you really hate this phone!! :thinking:

Upvote 0
Just so you guys are aware. When I placed my pre-order online with one of the VZW cust serv reps on the phone with me it sometimes took each page 2 or 3 minutes to load. Those cust serv reps are very patient though and they'll wait as long as it takes but yeah it is working very slowly but it works. I was doing this through firefox 3.6.3(newest version).

info: don't pick the 250 messages for $5 option, pick the 29.99 data plan, don't sweat the free shipping as it is enabled automatically(was for me at least).

Just spoke with CZW rep (very nice and helpful) and she confirmed that I would need this $5.00 / month txt feature afterall......on top of the $29.99 data plan.

Upvote 0
I'm sure someone has asked this in the past 800 pages or so, but I want to see if anyone has done this recently. Is anyone trying to add a $9.99 line because you aren't due for an upgrade? This may be my best option right now, but I want to make sure that I can activate the Incredible to my line and drop the data on the extra line without any problems. If you have done this recently or are planning to do this now, let me know what you think. I was reading another thread last night, and there were conflicting answers given.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones