• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] stock rom 4.4.4 verizon on boostmobile succsessfull (Requaired Unlocked Bootloader)

abh2

Lurker
Dec 6, 2013
indonesia
hi i am user moto g boostmobile xt 1031
I don't really know where to post it .so, I decided to create a new thread for this..
i want to share for upgrade stock rom 4.4.4 verizon, and it work on my device moto g boostmobile

requirement :
- must unlocked bootloader, unlocked bootloader, and unlocked bootloader first, do not do if your device locked boot loader!! ( see https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a )
- must installed motorola usb driver, Download and install Motorola Drivers see ( http://www.mymotocast.com/download/MDM?platform=windows )
- Download and extract the stock firmware 4.4.4 verizon from:
FileFactory or Motorola Firmwares, after extract it, copy files on windows folder ( it contain minimal adb) paste them into nto the same folder as the stock firmware files (the same folder as the .bin and .img files).
- because this is .xml.zip file, downnload http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....zip?key=JK9p-9CY8ScEsBoZPbrUnw&ts=1407339670 and extract the .exe into the same folder as the stock firmware files (the same folder as the .bin and .img files).
- must usb debbuging on, power off the device, hold power and vol- for a while until enter to bootloader, connect your device to pc
- find the script .bat, open and wait until it done... and reboot maunally
- congratulation your device on stock 4.4.4 verizon :D

***after flashing stock verizon 4.4.4 you will lost signal and no data, no call no text, because it write prl from verizon, you just write prl with the correct provider that u used with DFS software, done :)

for rooting and install costum recovery just choose costum recovery what you prefer, cwm or twrp, go this link for download http://androidforums.com/cdma-moto-...kernels-roms-more-boostmobile-05-04-14-a.html
and flash supersu.zip in costom recovery, go this link [2014.07.27] SuperSU v2.02 | Android | XDA Forum
- for remove bloatware from verizon just download and install titanium back up, do carefully about system app from verizon, not all verizon app is bloatware

----- if you like mods unlock ring just follow original thread on xda -----
here the link [MOD] "M" unlocked ring | Moto G | XDA Forum

here pic attached to this post

i'm sorry for my bad english, if i break the rule in this forum, pm me, and i will edit this post, thank you :smokingsomb:

Attachments

• 1118495_20140805032916.jpg
    1118495_20140805032916.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 1118495_20140805040049.jpg
    1118495_20140805040049.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: Dslack420
Nice find :) Would you be willing to make a nandroid backup and upload the system and boot parts? If so I can make a rom to simplify the process. Thanks :)
sorry i can not upload the nandroid backup the system and boot part, because the connection is poor in my country, it takes 4 - 6 hours for 500-600 mb :(

for who upgragrade the device to stock rom 4.4.4 verizon, in order to enter the home screen menu, you must bypassing actvition wizard from verizon, just searching in youtube, :)
congratulation your device has rebranding to moto g xt1028 verizon wireless but with unlocked bootloader, that the point :D

Upvote 0
Im trying to go back to boost from verizon only thing is when im flashing back to boost 4.4.2
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.031s]

writing 'partition'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.374s
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'motoboot' (1940 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.109s]
writing 'motoboot'...
(bootloader) Motoboot: Preflash validation for tz
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.406s

this happens everything else flashes to the device then all it does is load up with a black screen saying starting services then boot loops when i flash back to verizon i can use the phone for about three mins then reboot

Upvote 0
you can not downgrade your moto g from 4.4.4 to any other older firmware. you are going to have to wait for the boost mobile 4.4.4 update to be released.

Is that just since 4.4.4 bcoz while on 4.4.2 I used the boost mobile return to stock thread and it took me back to 4.3 and had to read update to 4.4 so I am not sure yet you could not downgrade firmware also try to double flash all the boot.img or just the boot.img I forgot to fast boot the boot.img one time and it just looped so Manet that will work

Upvote 0
you can not downgrade your moto g from 4.4.4 to any other older firmware. you are going to have to wait for the boost mobile 4.4.4 update to be released.
I used http://androidforums.com/cdma-moto-...8-boostmobile-only-guide-returning-stock.html to return to an older firmware on a couple occasions.

EDIT: If you have tested the new official 4.4.4 do not try this method of restoring. Since the bootloader has been updated there doesn't seem to be a way to downgrade it to install another rom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones